Senior Consultant- Anaplan Model Builder - Flexible working available
The Finance Consulting team is looking for a Senior Consultant or Manager level professional with strong experience of delivering financial models using Anaplan within Financial Services. Senior Consultant or Manager will be part of a team that delivers Finance transformation for our clients, requiring design and delivery of planning and forecasting solutions to achieve their business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our growing team.
The role is based in London or Edinburgh, but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global Financial Service clients. International assignments are also a possibility.
As a Senior Consultant or Manager within our Finance Consulting team you will specialise in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) across Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance and will work closely with Finance clients. You will assist senior leadership team in driving client engagement teams and provide insights to support our clients make decisions about their business. You will contribute to the growth and success of the practice, working alongside some of the most highly regarded professionals within the Financial Services industry.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Drive complex FP&A projects by leading high performing teams, running senior client meetings and workshops, assessing engagement risks and driving conclusions for our clients
- Work with colleagues or counterparts in client organisations to understand data requirements and associated calculation logic, and translate data and calculation requirements into model designs
- Develop models on Anaplan software platforms including prototype builds, product releases, testing and business integration
- Drive development of dashboards, visualisation and analytical solutions
- Drive training, knowledge transfer and support post go-live
- Build EY modelling assets for new opportunities to sell into the market
- Contribute to an environment that encourages Finance innovation and lead new and improved ways of working, delivery models and / or technological advancements
- Become responsible for financial and contractual management of client engagements, including managing margins, scope and statements of work
- Provide quality assurance and monitor risks, manage assignment teams and third parties, liaise with service line teams and functional specialists.
- Develop strong internal networks, build client relationships and manage and drive growth of EY accounts
- Drive business development activities and the identification of opportunities, supporting proposals and bid teams and managing development and delivery of high-quality proposals.
- Augment the capability of the practice by sharing knowledge and experience, as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by leading EY point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools, and accelerators
- Train, coach, and supervise our junior staff for client delivery and business development.
- Monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilized staff
- Contribute to your development and the teams’ technical skills by demonstrating inclusive behaviours and establishing a culture of highest performing teams
- Keep up to date with industry news and developments to support business development opportunities and solutions
- Strong experience of leading multi-dimensional model development on the Anaplan platform, including configuration of existing models, incorporating new functionality and optimising modeling solutions
- Experienced in operating as the solution architectural lead for large-scale planning solutions.
- High proficiency to understand and interrogate complex business data requirements and build feeds and analytical models that will deliver the relevant insights.
- Strong mathematical and analytical background with high attention to detail
- Strong understanding of financial data, accounting principles and key issues and challenges facing CFOs in the Financial Services sector
- Ability to apply understanding of financial principles within data integration, analysis and solution development
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies, software, and methodologies.
- Experienced in leading teams through uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to flex style to build rapport with team members and clients
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and take accountability for the quality of outcomes.
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems.
- Experienced in managing senior stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to balance communication of headline messages supported by detailed analysis.
- Ability to instil a positive team mentality, treating colleagues with respect and creating an inclusive innovation culture
Specific professional experience will include, whilst not limited to:
- Certified Anaplan Model Builder or Solution Architect
- 4+ year’s work experience in a complex data analytics role
- 2+ year building complex models in Anaplan
Beneficial professional experience includes:
- Experience of other OLAP technologies (e.g. Oracle)
- Work experience across Financial Services (banking, insurance, wealth and asset management)
- Working within the Finance function, with strong understanding of the planning, budgeting and forecasting, and related management reporting including dashboarding and visualizations.
- Leading business and Finance transformation across the FP&A lifecycle (planning, budgeting, forecast, enterprise-wide reporting framework, profitability, cost analysis, etc).
- Academic degree qualification in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Maths or other IT related degree)
- First class university degree or 2:1 (or equivalent) is desirable but not compulsory.
- Accounting qualifications (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be hugely desirable, but not essential.
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy, Transaction and Consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are?
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.