Big Data Specialist – Assistant Manager, Forensic Analytics, Financial Advisory
4 days left
- Contract Type
Big Data Specialist – Assistant Manager, Forensic Analytics, Financial Advisory, Open to flexibility
Our rapidly growing Forensic Analytics team is in high demand. As part of the world’s leading provider of Forensic and Dispute Advisory services we are constantly sought out by high-profile organisations who need to perform extensive, complex and often urgent investigations into their business operations and data.
As a Big Data Specialist you will work on a wide range of Financial Crime, Investigations and Disputes projects, designing, building and deploying big data solutions to facilitate analysis over large, complex and disparate datasets. You will keep abreast of current industry best practice and leverage open source and vendor software to accelerate the work of the wider forensic department and provide in depth insights to our clients.
You can expect to manage challenging projects from day one. You will work directly with our clients to understand the challenges they face and design, propose and deliver solutions that address them. In between projects you will use your constantly growing experience to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team.
As a Big Data Specialist, you will have responsibility for:
- Scoping and leading the delivery of analytical work and supporting and guiding junior team members as required
- Management and quality control of development and analysis workstreams in a wide range of project contexts
- Leveraging your skills and experience to support the development of proposals and marketing propositions
- Evaluating new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency
- Contributing to the firm’s talent agenda and helping to create a more inclusive culture
- Managing/manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your home office will be St Albans, where almost 210 employees work across Forensic, Tax and Audit & Assurance.
Your professional experience
We need bright people with a passion for both technology and helping our clients find solutions to their problems. As an experienced manager of people you will enjoy mentoring, motivating and training junior team members to further develop their skills.
You will be educated to degree level (or have equivalent experience) and have significant professional experience gained in roles of increasing responsibility. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills that you can adapt to technical and non-technical audiences.
Significant experience in a number of the following areas is essential:
- Development and analysis using one or more big data data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NoSQL, Hortonworks)
- Building and implementing big data solutions using industry best practice tools, technologies and methods
- Developing architecture roadmaps to implement next generation analytics solutions and migrate relational data environments to big data technologies
- Use of ‘traditional’ data analytics tools and techniques (e.g. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL) and ETL software (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, CloverETL)
- Working in large scale cloud data solutions using platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Scripting or programming (e.g. Python, Jave, Scala, C#)
- Deploying solutions in Linux / Unix environments
- Delivery of work in a fraud prevention or financial crime setting
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesand to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
SLFINA BAFRSC BADAAN BAFTEC CFTECH WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 146017