Assistant Director, Forensic Technology, Communication Surveillance Solutions, Open to flexibility
Assistant Director, Forensic Technology, Communication Surveillance Solutions, Open to flexibility
Fraud, bribery and corruption – it’s just another day at the office for our Forensic Technology experts.
As an experienced communications monitoring practitioner, this is your opportunity to become a part of a thriving, industry leading Forensic Technology team and to be actively involved in further growing our communications monitoring business.
Today’s highly complex and interconnected business environment presents varied challenges to the surveillance practitioner. For example, the globalisation of roles, the exponential growth of communication channels and the arrival of regulations such as MiFID II and GDPR will require you to continually craft, adapt and deliver bespoke solutions for our clients.
As an Assistant Director within our team, you will actively seek to meet such challenges with energy, creativity and enthusiasm.
Our clients face an increasingly complex regulatory environment where electronic and voice communications, whether internal or customer facing, are of particular concern.
Your role will include responsibilities for managing client projects, working directly with clients to advise them on their strategic approach and understand the challenges they face. You will help propose, design and deliver solutions that address these challenges.
In leveraging your extensive experience in communications surveillance, you will lead a team that delivers client engagements in, but not limited to the following areas:
- Current state assessments, implementing and optimising communication surveillance tools and the alert handling processes
- Communication surveillance vendor technology assessments
- Reviewing end-to-end data flow (data quality, data lineage), analysing ETL technologies and discovering key data elements
- Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics
- Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
- Assessing and enhancing organisations current and target operating models
- Designing, deploying and assisting Compliance, Internal Audit and Financial Crime Intelligence Units in their proactive and thematic communication reviews.
Further to this you will be expected to develop long term client relationships and identify additional opportunities arising from the work you have been involved in and to contribute to the securing of further business from them.
As an experienced manager of individuals and project teams you will enjoy mentoring, motivating and training team members to further develop their skills. You will be responsible for managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
The successful applicant will be provided with a variety of challenges, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London or St Albans office, however travel may be required for client based projects. We work across various industries – our clients are diverse , and vary in location.
Hours: Core hours are 35 per week. This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss this with us.
Your professional experience
To be considered for this role, you must have the following skills and experience:
Demonstrable experience of monitoring and rules engine implementations in communications monitoring compliance context.
Knowledge of market leading communication monitoring technologies (e.g. Nexidia/Actimize, Digital Reasoning, Behavox, Attivio, Recordsure, RedOwl etc.).
- Communications Monitoring and Financial Crime domain expertise acquired from a Compliance, Professional Services or IT perspective.
- Current knowledge and understanding of Financial Markets, the FCA handbooks and other relevant regulations, and the ability to apply this knowledge in a commercial environment.
- Consulting services experience, including the ability to scope projects, manage a budget and lead teams to deliver complex assignments.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to motivate and mentor others and build relationships with clients.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally acquired in a technical or quantitative discipline.
- Willingness and flexibility to work abroad as projects dictate.
Strong technical skills and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas are essential:
- Knowledge of different database and ETL technologies.
- Knowledge of phone recording and e-comms systems (Nice, Verint, Exchange/O365, Bloomberg, Reuters, Symphony, Skype etc).
- Proficiency in statistical and visualisation software advantageous (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QlikView).
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Experience of trading systems (e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, Fidessa, etc.).
- Experience with delivering projects within a large Consultancy Firm.
- Exposure to commercial sales and marketing activities.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and project.
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 155809