Market Facing Director - Banking Technology 1 - Flexible working available
The EY Financial Services Payments team is continuing to grow and develop unique advisory propositions aligned to market needs and demand. We are currently looking for an exceptional Market Facing Director (MFD) to lead on developing our Payments offering for the financial services sectors. This is a senior leadership role and will require an individual who deeply understands the payments domain, can develop the market, and lead on the most innovative and challenging engagements.
The Payments practice works collaboratively with our clients to enhance their ability to solve complex business problems by exploiting strategies and solutions unique to the payments domain. We provide expertise and delivery in four focus areas which all work closely together:
- Evolving Regulations, Risk & Compliance – Working with our clients on customer safeguarding, governance, compliance, and controls
- New Payments Platforms and Market Infrastructure Transformation – Working with our clients to design, build, and integrate key capabilities to enable large scale structural changes for payment infrastructures
- Payments Modernization and Tech & Ops Transformation – Helping our client with Front-to-back digitization of payments processes and journeys and E2E transformation delivery from strategy to implementation
- Payments Innovation and New Payment Methods Transformation – Supporting our clients on the development of innovative services and propositions to drive new revenue growth lines
- Emerging Payments – Helping our clients with the adoption of digital currencies, and digital assets
Your key responsibilities
- Drive our Payments offering across the financial services industry, working in collaboration with our competencies and Account teams to bring innovative thought leadership and solutions to our clients
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships with senior clients in the payments domain to grow the market
- Lead on innovative proposals to clients focused on solving the right business problems with our broad consulting capabilities
- Lead large and complex projects (payments transformation, payments strategy) from strategy through to execution
- Operate as a leader within our team developing our people and broader payments capability with a strong focus on diversity and inclusiveness
- Build and lead high performing teams, coaching, mentoring and serving as a role model for our people
To qualify for the role, you must have
- We are very interested to hear from candidates who have worked within consulting, PSPs/FinTechs, market infrastructures, and/or challenger banks and can bring new perspectives to our team
- A track record in building market presence, selling, and delivering large scale end-to-end payment transformations across the payments industry
- Experience delivering across multiple methodologies, incl. agile, scaled agile, DevOps, etc
- Expertise and experience including:
- Deep payments domain delivery experience
- Retail/commercial and wholesale payments
- Experience in large regulatory driven & strategic change
- A deep understanding of working with financial services clients to develop and deliver innovative payment solutions
- Demonstrable experience of complex payment programme delivery including an expert level knowledge of the payment requirements and design issues associated with the delivery of payment projects
- Experience of building high performing teams and exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of the emerging technology trends including adoption of cloud-based and advanced payment solutions with a clear perspective and vision to lead the market
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple engagements, exceed client expectations, manage commercial aspects (e.g. contracts, billing and budgets), and manage quality and risk
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders and manage large cross functional projects
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalize these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- Exceptional storytelling, communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience on working on the most innovative payment projects using the latest cloud-based solutions
- Relevant technology and programme management qualifications are extremely advantageous, for example:
What we look for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about payments and want to assist clients to become truly technology driven organisations. If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organisation, understand how to grow and lead in a large practice and work in the most complex of sectors our payments team is looking forward to hearing from you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.