Corporate Financial Services - Senior Manager - Flexible working options
Our Financial Services Corporate Finance & Restructuring team is currently based across London and Bristol and comprises almost 40 individuals advising a range of clients including mid-cap financial institutions, banks, private equity houses and entrepreneurial businesses on strategic/funding option reviews, acquisitions, disposals, raising equity, debt refinancing and restructuring (including non-performing loans, bank resolution, corporate insolvencies, etc.).
Due to continued growth and a strong pipeline, we are looking for a Senior Manager to join and be a part of the ongoing success of our high performing Corporate Finance team.
What you will do
The role will focus on debt transactions. Working with a Partner or Director, you will be leading the execution of transactions on a day-to-day basis:
- Working closely with funders and other advisors as well as key company management team contacts
- Preparation and review of key transaction documentation such as information memorandums, management presentations, financial models, term sheets and discussion materials in relation to debt financing engagements
- Originating and delivering transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships with clients and funders
- Supporting new business development, leading the development of pitch documents and taking an important role on client pitches
- Developing deep sector expertise and assuming responsibility for the development of EY’s franchise in those sectors
- Developing your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the medium term
- Playing an important role in the growth and development of the whole team, providing leadership to the junior team members, which may include additional counselling and coaching responsibilities
- Interacting with different specialists within the firm, and colleagues across the globe, to deliver enhanced transaction solutions
Skills and Attributes for success
As a Senior Manager in Corporate Finance you will require strong experience (6+years) in an investment banking, corporate banking or rating agency environment, including experience playing a lead role in executing transactions.
As a team we also look for the following knowledge and experience:
- Track-record of originating, negotiating and executing deals in the financial services sector. Experience in one or more of the following areas: Asset Backed Lending, Leverage Finance, Securitisation and other relevant verticals of these
- Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice, negotiating and sector insight
- Experience in building good working relationships to drive new business through third parties, clients and funders
- Committed to working to tight deadlines, practised at thinking clearly under pressure
- Experience of running a deal team and maintaining team focus during lengthy and challenging transactions
- Sound commercial judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet'.
- Ability to identify potential deal opportunities
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.