Graphic Designer (Open to Flexible Working)
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer to join Tideway, working for the Creative and Brand Manager within the corporate communications team, this role is focused on creating and designing primarily internal communications.
The Graphic designer will also design external marketing communications in collaboration with the Creative Lead for Tideway.
This is a fast-paced role and requires a creative quick-thinker, who is focused on brand consistency and establishing a recognisable corporate identity.
The work will include print and digital work, across a range of subjects and for a variety of audiences.
We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you are Returning to Work following a voluntary career break of 2 years or more. Tideway is committed to assisting women returners and, as such, you would receive coaching support and the opportunity to work in a flexible way that matches your requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design both internal and external facing documentation including company information papers, exhibitions and displays, newspaper / magazine advertisements and leaflets
- Produce print publications to a high reprographic standard
- Produce designs and publications consistent with Tideway’s brand guidelines using flair and creativity
- Present concept options to stakeholders and developing them into final print ready designs
- Support the Creative Lead on external facing projects, including branding and marketing campaigns
- Discuss ideas and present design concepts in the team’s creative reviews to help the creative team drive the consistent Tideway voice and brand
- Proof-check both internal and public facing documentation, print publications and electronic publications as necessary.
The Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Significant experience of design and layout for print and electronic publications including leaflets, posters, reports, brochures and exhibition material
- Familiarity with branding and corporate identity strategies, and experience of design and layout within these guidelines
- Good knowledge of creative thinking techniques, typography, layout and pre-flight packaging / PDF creation
- Strong creative design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Intermediate/Advanced in MS Office Suite (Primarily PowerPoint and Word).
- Graphic Design degree or equivalent proven experience
- Experience liaising between external suppliers and internal team
- Multi stakeholder engagement.
What we offer in return
Salary based on experience
- 30 days leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Matched Contribution Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Working.
Diversity helps to make London a great place to live and work, and we aspire to this diversity being reflected in our workforce. We know that diverse teams contribute new and different ways of thinking and working and raise overall performance. We also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That’s why diversity and inclusivity are key to our business strategy.
This role is offered as a 6 month contract.
We are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a proud signatory of the ‘Ban the Box’ campaign, and Disability Confident Committed Employer.
We pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees, providing support and adjustments during the recruitment process, and wherever needed in the working environment. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitably qualified disabled applicants.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
We look forward to hearing from you.