Transaction Accountant (Part-time)
The Transaction Finance Accounting team are responsible for transaction processes relating to trading activity for EDF Trading. Additionally, the team is responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate accounting records in financial systems for selected EDF Trading subsidiaries.
- Maintain up to date and accurate accounting records in EDFT financial systems
- Challenge, maintain, operate and review internal controls and processes
- Produce unallocated cash and late payment reports
- Work with other departments to manage overdue debtors and control credit exposure
- Cash postings and allocations
- Trade payments
- Completion of multi-currency bank reconciliations
- General office administration
- Assist with on-going departmental projects and ad-hoc tasks/reporting
- Good Excel skills
- Understanding of basic accounting functions (AP/AR)
- General ledger experience (SUN Systems beneficial)
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Good numerical analysis skills
- Good communication skills within team and across operational departments
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- High levels of self-motivation and engagement
- Ability to work individually or part of a team
- Desire to learn and develop
- Confidence to ask questions
Hours of work:
Monday & Tuesday; 8:30am - 5:30pm
About the company:
EDF Trading is a leader in the international wholesale energy markets. The company manages a portfolio of assets which give it the ability to source, supply, transport, store, blend and convert physical commodities around the world. These capabilities enable EDF Trading to deliver essential asset optimisation services, risk management and wholesale market access to the EDF Group and its third party customers, helping them to realise the value inherent in their asset portfolios.
EDF Trading is active in the electricity, natural gas, LNG, LPG, coal and freight and environmental products markets. It is one of the largest wholesale market traders in Europe for power and gas and one of the leading marketers of gas and power in the US. Its affiliate, EDF Energy Services is one of the main providers of generation services for power generation companies in the US and a leading US energy retailer for large commercial and industrial customers. In 2017, EDF Trading broadened the scope of its coal and freight activities in the form of a minority (33%) stake in JERA Trading, one of the leading utility backed global coal traders.
EDF Trading is a 100% owned subsidiary of EDF, one of the world’s biggest electricity generators.
EDF Trading has around 800 employees with key offices in London, Paris, Singapore, Houston and Calgary.