Finance Officer - Part Time – 14 hours per week (Monday – Tuesday)
Salary: £30,901 per annum pro rata
Hours: Part Time – 14 hours per week (Monday – Tuesday)
We are looking for a committed and motivated individual to join us as Finance Officer. There has never been a more crucial time to stand up to the injustice facing refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK.
Refugee Action is a national charity, dedicated to fighting for the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK. We have more than 30 years’ experience providing face to face support to people who’ve survived some of the world’s worst regimes. We draw on this experience to work with partners, parliamentarians and others to campaign for change, so that all refugees and people seeking asylum can access the help and support that they need to live with dignity and build a new life in the UK.
As Finance Officer you will process financial transactions for the Working English North Project including administrating computerised accounting systems to pay invoices and producing financial reports. You’ll develop administrative systems that ensure monitoring information in relation to the project is accurate and you’ll prepare funder reports for the Working English North project and resolve queries from the funder.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Insight into the needs, hopes and experiences of asylum seekers, refugees and refused asylum seekers and irregular migrants in the UK
- Experience and understanding of cultural diversity and the ability to work with people from a range of different cultures.
- Two years’ experience of working in a Finance role advising managers and staff on financial procedures including; book keeping accounting and invoice procedure.
- Two years’ experience and ability to carry out office administration practice and systems, including developing and maintaining effective administrative procedures and filing systems (computerised and manual).
- Ability to communicate financial information in a timely and proactive manner to both external suppliers and internal budget holders
- At least one years’ experience of maintaining effective computerised accounts and spreadsheets, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
Those with lived experience as a refugee are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 09:00am, Monday 15th October 2018
Interviews: Thursday 1st November 2018 in London