Executive Assistant – Part time
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Executive
Location: Westminster, Central London (occasional travel to meetings within the UK may be required)
Salary: £28-30k dependent on experience
Hours: 28-35 hours per week (negotiable)
Job Type: 12 month initial fixed term contract (with possibility of extension subject to organisational priorities & allocated funding)
Closing date: Monday 29th October, 12 midday
Note that this is a rolling recruitment process and suitable candidates will be invited to interview w/c 29th October
The Royal Economic Society (RES) is the national learned society for Economics. It was founded in 1890 and currently has more than 3,500 members, most of whom are based outside of the UK. The Society publishes The Economic Journal (one of the oldest and most highly respected Economics research journals in the world) and The Econometrics Journal, organises a large international Annual Conference, together with other events/activities for academics, students and the public. The Society is a registered charity. Further information about the RES and its activities can be found at www.res.org.uk.
The postholder will support the Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the office, and will provide administrative support and assistance to the Chief Executive and managers. The postholder will also support the office’s governance work with its trustees and others.
The role has the possibility of being extended following the fixed term contract, and to evolving as the organisation moves into steady state.
- Organising and scheduling meetings
- Preparing meeting agendas, circulating papers, and taking minutes during meetings
- Performing reception duties as necessary, filtering general information, queries, phone calls and invitations, and welcoming guests to the office
- Maintaining office correspondence, including post, crafting routine electronic correspondence, and forwarding queries as appropriate
- Managing day-to-day matters in the office environment, including liaison with building managers and IT contractors on relevant issues
- Ordering office supplies and equipment
- Managing external suppliers where required, under supervision of the Operations Manager
- Supporting the Chief Executive in the induction and training of trustees
- Supporting the Chief Executive in the submission of appropriate documents to the Charity Commission, and ensuring that the Society adheres to good governance practice
- Maintaining appropriate records and contact information for members of committees and work groups
- Managing the office’s online and paper filing systems, establishing and maintaining suitable archiving policies and ensuring compliance with data protection requirements
- Providing secretariat support for assigned committees and working groups
- Providing support to Operations Manager for HR and recruitment duties, including on-boarding new staff members and providing training where necessary
- Processing financial payments and dealing with related queries
- Any other tasks and projects commensurate with the post.
- At least 2 years of experience in an Executive Assistant/PA role within the last 5 years
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and to tight deadlines
- Professional telephone manner
Application Process: Please send your CV along with a personal statement outlining how you meet each person specification point. Forward all applications to email@example.com.
Note that any applications without a personal statement will not be shortlisted.
Enquiries: For further information, or if you require any reasonable adjustments in submitting your application, please contact the office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Economic Society is committed to equality and valuing diversity.
We look forward to hearing from you
Apply for Executive Assistant – Part time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly