Customer Experience Manager - Flexible working options
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Experience Manager to join us in GSK HQ in Brentford!
With an increased focus on creating more sophisticated, impactful, integrated and data-driven customer experiences, we are looking for someone to embed a customer-centric way of working across all teams. You will set the standard, drive new capability and processes to work in a customer-back way from brand planning right through to the activation of our campaigns.
You will bring considerable experience in designing, building, and delivering modern and impactful campaigns by pulling plans into an Omni-channel experience.
An important part of this role is to embed the Agile methodology as a scrum master for the marketing teams; help the teams to communicate, solve problems and deliver great User Journeys. You will teach the team all ways of agile software practices, lead all Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments, and shield them from external distractions. Scrum Masters are personal coaches for team members and innovators who constantly seek ways to improve team experience and User Journey delivery.
Details (Your Responsibilities):
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Embed foundational capabilities and processes for designing, building and activating customer-centric omni-channel plans
- Integrates external/internal insights – brings outside in (customer behaviour, competitor activity, modern marketing trends etc)
- Collects customer data and information from different channels (e.g. Sales team feedback, social media and market trends, NPS scores etc.)
- Studies external market research reports for trends
- Develops high-level customer experience roadmap: set prioritization rules and develop guidelines and roadmap of improving customer experience
- Guides the team and organization on Agile and oversees scrum process
- Leads daily scrum, sprint review, and planning meetings and supports the Agile Brand lead on release planning
- Fosters communication and close cooperation across all team members, encourages cross-training and supporting each other
- Shields the team from issues or external interference and ensures the team is fully functional and productive
- Applies design thinking methodology to CX strategies, campaigns and objective setting
- Collaborates with brand teams to develop a strong partnership between the CX team, MOC and brand teams
- Challenges brand teams and encourages a modern marketing approach to campaign design
- Supports brand teams with marketing and content capability to encourage a data-driven, customer centric mindset
- Runs consultations with brand teams to support in develop commercial and/or marketing plans and objectives
- Creates supporting materials (playbooks, guides etc.) for brand teams on CX best practice and modern marketing ways of working
- Demonstrable customer centricity, able to research and synthesize user insights
- Hands-on Customer Journey and User Journey planning & delivery and end-to-end execution of customer experiences
- Proven experience working in design teams in an Agile product development setting
- Digital marketing expertise
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking with ability to articulate the value of a design choice to users and non-designer stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize the team’s potential
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, deliver complex ambiguous objectives
- Experience working on a digital transformation project/environment
- Appreciation and ability to apply data to influence decisions
- Deep knowledge of agile and ability to coach team on agile practices and ensure adherence to agile methodology to deliver max business value on time
- Innovative and influential style to push the team to try new approaches
- Proactive and passionate to make progress
- Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue – strong mediator
- Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority – not afraid to do what is best for the team
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace.
- Strong relationship building capabilities
- Collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.