Senior / Principal Human Factors Engineer - Hybrid and flexible working available
2 days left
- Contract Type
We’re combining the power of genetic and genomic insights into what causes disease, with the speed and scale of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to make better predictions about who a treatment might work for, and why. We believe this powerful combination of data and technology holds the key to fundamentally transforming medical discovery for the better, improving R&D success rates and shaping how even the most challenging diseases, like neurological conditions and cancer, can be both prevented and treated.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude, our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
Principal Device Development Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Human Factors Engineer to support the development of new drug device combination products. Do you enjoy a challenging role with the opportunity deliver robust products that improve the patient experience and can give them access to life changing medicines from the comfort of their own home? The Human Factors Engineer is part of a dynamic and growing team that are key to delivering an expanding portfolio of injectable devices.
The role is to be based at GSK’s R&D site in Ware, Hertfordshire (UK) and can offer flexible hybrid working. Occasional travel may also be required.
In this role you will
- Provide inputs for human centred design engineering for a range of projects across all phases of development
- You will effectively communicate your work to the wider development team and stakeholders.
- You will be involved in problem solving and utilisation of different strategies to support resolution of design, risk and regulatory challenges.
- Support the execution of early patient handling studies, identification and maintenance of user needs, conducting user related risk assessments, planning and execution of design validation studies
- Ensure user needs are considered early and continuously throughout the design process
- Support the interface between the external vendors and the Human factors Team
- Support the development and population of the Design History File as it pertains to design Validation
- Support the authoring sections of regulatory files
Closing Date for Applications: 15th August 2020 (COB)
Qualifications & Skills:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related degree.
- Understanding of human factors and usability regulatory framework, including FDA guidance, IEC 62366 and ANSI/AAMI HE75 and expectations for medical devices/combination products.
- Experience of the development, manufacture and integration of end user inputs (user needs and risk related scenarios) of medical devices/combination products.
- Working experience in product development and design validation as well as in the regulatory pathways for combination products is desirable e.g. global submissions, agency interactions and authoring dossiers
- Experience with integration of risk factors and user inputs into device design
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to analyse and summarise data and translate them into devices/combination products design recommendations
- An understanding of the principles of design for manufacture
- Strong time management/organisational skills
- Performance driven, driving for results and success with a sense of urgency
- Evidence of team working skills and flexibility
- Great attention to detail
Uniting science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.