Capital Reporting Project Manager
Join our community.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Capital Reporting Project Manager to join the new ORC (One Risk Capital) programme. The programme is comprehensively governed through a Central PMO Team that directly reports to senior stakeholders in Santander Group.
Santander Group has launched a strategic, multi-year digital transformation programme to centralise data and systems for Capital and Risk processes across all Santander Group geographies.
As one of our Capital Reporting Project Manager's you'll be overseeing the end-to-end process from the source systems to the Basel Data Repository provisioning data for capital calculations and model parameters.
The difference you'll make.
- Assisting with the management of the ORC project, assigning RAG statuses, deadlines, tasks, and assignments.
- Organising critical aspects of the project, attending working groups and identifying key risks/issues to senior management.
- Overseeing the implementation of the corporate capital engine agreed under the ORC scope within the UK.
- Ensuring the provision of the final regulatory capital figures in D + 8 after manual adjustments and generating economic capital inputs.
- Reducing the volume of manual adjustments, to the extent possible, through improvements in BDR provisioning.
What you'll bring.
- Awareness of key planning and project management methods, tools, and techniques as well as being able to implement new processes and improve existing ones.
- Experience of regulatory capital reporting, including calculation of RWA and capital or knowledge of financial products.
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Experience of using SAS and/or SQL.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Qualified accountant desirable or equivalent experience.
- Resilient to coping with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work under pressure to succeed given tight deadlines.
What else you need to know.
This is a full time 18-month fixed term contract (with possibility to extend further) offering flexible working between home and our offices in Milton Keynes.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs. For part-time / contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours / contract duration.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- ??6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies
- Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page.
A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at or call .
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'.