HR Business Partner - Flexible working options
- Contract Type
We make and supply medicines and vaccines all around the globe and our teams own every production stage, from creating quality products at our manufacturing sites to designing effective supply forecasting and regulatory inspections; all powered by digital, data and analytics. We operate at impressive scale, producing over 1.7 billion packs of medicine and 767 vaccine doses in 2021.
We continue to modernize, so we can launch even more new products at speed whilst turbo-charging delivery across our entire portfolio through our relentless focus on quality, safety, and service. The way we work will change. For some, the shift in technology and products will be revolutionary. Our R&D pipeline demands a new kind of supply chain, and we need the very best minds and capability to help us on our journey to make more complex products, harnessing the power of automation and robotics so we can work smarter together.
HR Business Partner
- You will primarily support the Barnard Castle site (c1000 employees), partnering with the business to support execution of the people plan, applying local context and experience to drive business change and impact.
In this role you will
- Act as the HR lead for change projects (site changes, restructuring) and partner with Communications and the Business on developing the comms and engagement approach.
- Influence and coach leaders from Site Leadership Team members to first line leaders in production to embrace change and lead key people activities, using the business agenda and current challenges, to support HR initiatives.
- Provide HR direction to develop and implement a Strategic Workforce Plan for the site, to input into capability and talent plans.
- Build manager capability in informal stage Employee Relations processes.
- Manage complex HR cases in partnership with key HR stakeholders (e.g., People Services, Recruitment, Compensation)
- Manage Industrial Relations risks, partnering with Union and employee representatives.
- Provide support to UK wide and Global Supply Chain initiatives/projects to provide a consistent approach
Closing Date for Applications: 19th August 2022
Qualifications & Skills:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Operational experience
- Industrial Relations experience
- Leadership capabilities and Culture
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree or professional certification in related discipline or equivalent experience
- Generalist HR experience
- Restructure experience within UK
- Experience supporting a business unit or function, delivering on the HR agenda within their remit and aligning to the strategy and its needs.
- Project management experience
- Competent at working with data to create insight and diagnose future risks and opportunities
- Experience of leading and influencing indirect teams
- Experience of working on Culture or Inclusion and Diversity projects and initiatives
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
For further information and to submit your application, please click 'Apply'.