Site Operations Director, Open to flexibility
Site Operations Director, Open to flexibility
Reporting to senior director level, the Site Operations Facilities Director is responsible and accountable for providing strategic and dynamic leadership to the Facilities Department across multiple locations in GB&I including our corporate headquarters to support our core business stakeholders.
The Facilities Director will take the lead, providing fresh thinking and a continuous improvement approach, focusing on optimising the performance of operations, improving financial KPIs and delivering exceptional levels of operational efficiency.
A strong communicator with an exceptional service driven mentality, commitment to the highest standards of customer service, you will motivate and empower the teams across the region.
Come and join the team! Together we can serve our GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organisation oversees and operates 58M sq ft of space. The REF Commercial office portfolio currently operates within 60 sites across 22 countries, with an annual operating spend of £158m.
The Facilities Director provides strategic leadership and is fully responsible for the management and delivery of operational, customer facing, infrastructure and project services across multiple sites ensuring the work environment supports the GSK business operations. The role will serve as the primary liaison with the local businesses and stakeholders.
Specifically, he/she is responsible for the delivery of all site WREF services and the on going service improvements or changes in response to evolving business customer requirements.
The successful candidate will ensure effective standards and controls are in place for the development and management of facilities services and infrastructure assets, ensuring HSE best practice is delivered at all times.
The services at the site level are provided by contract partners, and as such, he/she will ensure effective: local governance of the contracted relationships; service delivery remains cost, quality, safety and customer focused; EHS and compliance targets are achieved by key contact partners and effective service performance management is in place.
Responsible for multiple sites including the corporate HQ, the role will be based in west London. There will be ad hoc travel required between sites in west London, central London and Dublin.
You will have 2 direct reports and a number of indirect reports.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Fully responsible for the uninterrupted delivery of services and infrastructure across the sites through internal and contract resources.
- The candidate must be a good business manager with operation expenditure over £15 million per annum. Responsible for a Capital project spend of approx. £5m per annum.
- Establish and develop key relationships with senior GSK management and the contract partners.
- Monitor service delivery objectives and provide high quality customer service and agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Act as the Duty Holder for external licence or statutory duty holder requirements in WREF areas of responsibility. Act as the Duty Holder for high severity risks including asbestos.
- Deploy compliance processes locally and drive the site level operations teams to meet the highest standard of ethics and compliance.
- Taking the lead in crisis management at sites and supporting business continuity planning for GB&I operations.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 15th Oct 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence decisions at all levels and command respect from all areas of the business
- The ability to assert expertise and achieve objectives diplomatically
- The ability to combine a strategic outlook with a hands-on attitude, an eye for details and act as a motivator of change.
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in multiple facilities management disciplines for a minimum of 3 years.
- Ability to translate technical information and articulate key messages to provide direction.
- Ability to deliver Statutory Duty Holder responsibilities (training will be provided if required)
- A track record of having improved services and reduced cost through managing third party contracts and managing SLAs and KPIs.
- BIFM Level 6 or equivalent
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
- To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global teamDevelop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive on Target Bonus
- 26-days paid holiday
- Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
- GSK Pension
- Share & Save Schemes
- Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.