Policy Engagement Manager, 4-5 days per week with hybrid options
This is a new role to support the Head of Policy and Research to deliver Business Disability Forum’s “brave and bold” policy and research work and to increase its impact.
Business Disability Forum’s policy work is based on our unique, niche position working with business, Government, and disabled people. The core focus of this role is to make the outcomes of that policy work come alive and to work at the interface of policy and communications, creating high quality content to engage all our stakeholders in our policy work and direction of travel
- Experience of crafting attractive and engaging campaign asks to influence policy, practice or behaviours.
- Experience of writing clear, accurate documents to advise, critique, and influence Government, policy makers and business.
- Experience of interpreting complex ideas in technical language into engaging material for non-technical or non-policy audiences.
- An informed, critical thinker who is keen to debate and develop opinions.
- Knowledge of the UK Government’s policy agenda on disability and disabled people and a working knowledge of the UK Equality Act 2010.
- Strong copy writing skills with the ability to create compelling content for a range of audiences?
For the full job description and person specification of this role and instructions on how to apply please visit our website below via the "APPLY" button below.
- Closing date for applications: Sunday, 3 September 2022.
- First interviews are planned for the 8 September 2022.
- Second interviews are likely to take place TBC.
Business Disability Forum is the leading business membership organisation in disability inclusion. We are trusted partners, working with business, Government and disabled people to improve the life experiences of disabled employees and consumers, by removing barriers to inclusion.
- We work with nearly 500 members employing over 20% of the UK workforce and an estimated 8 million people worldwide.
- We advise, support and encourage businesses (many of them global) to become more disability-smart. We influence policymakers by representing the voice of employers and disabled employees.
- We provide evidence-based thought leadership on how business affects the lives of disabled people.
- We help effect changes in business practices, products, services and policies that positively impact the life experiences of disabled people, and also benefit business.