Mobile & Broadband Writer (FTC to Dec 2018) - open to flexibility
Overall purpose of role:
To ensure the consumer content in MoneySavingExpert’s guides and weekly email is 100% accurate and up-to-date – that all product details are correct, all relevant products are included and all statements made in the guides and email are factually accurate. Content will mainly be focused on telecoms and broadband, but may also include energy, travel and motoring. The analyst will directly upload information on to MoneySavingExpert and also work with the rest of the team to ensure other writers have the information they need to both update existing content and generate new site content.
What will you be doing?
- Checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email.
- Proactively sourcing and verifying information on new products that have entered the market. This will involve a mix of checking comparison websites, fielding calls from providers and proactively contacting providers regularly to ensure the information we display is most up to date and as comprehensive as it can possibly be.
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability.
- Working closely with other writers to advise of market developments.
- Suggesting and implementing guide restructures with the help of analytics where necessary.
- Fact-checking guides to ensure that all factual statements are accurate, and the ‘Last Updated’ date is amended within the agreed timescale standard for each guide.
- Correctly prioritising workload to ensure all tariff updates are completed within deadlines/target timeframes.
- Fielding inbound emails from site users and other external stakeholders relating to the accuracy of information on the MSE website.
- Feeding into the calendar planning process to ensure a pipeline of relevant content for the website and weekly email.
- Summarising market and industry changes in weekly report.
- Fully accountable for all product details being up to date in relevant sections of the website and weekly email, and ensuring MSE covers all top products on the market.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication with the rest of the team, enabling quick and accurate updates of existing site content.
- Responsible for ensuring the writing of products and guides is clear, concise and useful to users.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving provider relationships and communication to ensure MSE receives and displays the most up-to-date, comprehensive and accurate data.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent analytical skills
- High levels of accuracy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to react quickly to market changes
- Good communication skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines/targets
- Strong evidence of effective time management / prioritisation skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Knowledge of the telecoms and broadband markets
- Familiarity with HTML
- Experience of writing online
Please click "apply" for further details and to make your application.