Return to Work Programme 2018/2019, Clients and Industries, Internal Client Services
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Clients and Industries team as part of the Return to Work programme.
In this role you will be reporting into a Project or Programme Lead, Working closely within your business group and potentially supporting a business service line. You will gain a high level of understanding of opportunities and challenges in the business in order to provide advice and enable better decision making. For the role to be effective you will need to build strong relationships with the business stakeholders based on trust and impact.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the governance and pipeline management of relevant project plans
- Support the business in positioning the project/programmes to the client
- Manage the end to end project management of the relevant project or programmes
- Partner with the business where nessecary and drive relationship development
- Liaise with the client and office of the client to obtain information required
- Join stakeholder calls (i.e. Chairman, CEO, AC Chair) and capture key points from discussions, to feed into relevant teams or person
- Provide quality control for the programme/projects outputs and crystallize key client issues and learning
- Work closely with the broader team to deliver the programme or project
- Support in marketing the Deloitte offering to the Firm and clients
- Extracting insight from internal/external channels
- Working with the team/stakeholder groups to execute communication plans
- Proactively leverage market knowledge/insight
- Follow the set governance and risk processes to maintain client confidentiality.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- Good and confident communicator who can interact with senior clients and Deloitte Partners
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders with conflicting demands
- End to end project management/programme management experience
- Confident in written communication.
- Experience in a marketing focussed role would be beneficial
- Structured and diligent approach to managing activities and tasks
- High attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise number of activities in a relatively small team
- Pro-active and a team player – willing to step outside of immediate remit
- Client focused
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Have experience owning and developing stakeholder and businessrelationships
- Ideally some experience in client work or appreciation for client issues and challenges in a finance/professional services organisation.
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction