Return to Work 2019, Audit & Assurance, Manager/Senior Manager, Prudential Regulation (CASS)
Return to Work 2019, Audit & Assurance, Manager/Senior Manager, Prudential Regulation (CASS), Banking and Capital Markets, London
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Prudential Regulation CASS as part of the Return to Work programme.
Our Banking & Capital Markets Regulatory Team has an excellent reputation for providing high quality, innovative regulatory advice, assurance and solutions to help major financial services firms implement the weight of new PRA/FCA regulatory provisions under the revised "intrusive" approach. Our particular areas of specialisation include retail, commercial and investment banking and securities firms. Our areas of expertise include AML, Conduct of Business, Client Assets & Money, Enforcement, Prudential, Sanctions and Transaction Reporting regulation and legislation, based upon 20 years + of senior level experience. Our client base includes some of the most prestigious names in the banking and investment banking sectors.
- Providing high quality advice and insights to financial services firms on all aspects of the FCA CASS rules;
- Helping clients to anticipate and understand the impact of regulatory policy change;
- Performing reviews on clients’ CASS related functions and producing reports on their compliance with CASS rules;
- Facilitating the implementation of effective CASS governance frameworks;
- Working on CASS related client projects across several work streams simultaneously, managing senior stakeholders’ expectations;
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: London - You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across industry specialisms – our clients are varied, and vary in location. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional clients. We specify full mobility for our audit roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- Experience in the CASS regulatory/compliance environment in the financial services industry. This may be from working in a Consulting firm or in the industry within Operations or Compliance departments on CASS related functions
- Practical experience in managing day to day CASS related functions e.g. client money and custody asset internal/external reconciliations, CASS Resolution Pack, CMAR reporting, etc.
- Proven track record in implementing solutions to comply with CASS regulatory requirements;
- Detailed technical knowledge of CASS rules as applied to the financial services sector;
- Knowledge of the latest regulatory developments in relation to CASS and key current issues facing regulated firms;
- An ability to deliver a high quality service within demanding timeframes; and
- Additional desirable experience includes:
- Experience with Section 166 reviews related to CASS
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. . Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.