Return to Work 2018/19, Manager or Senior Manager, Cyber Risk
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Cyber Risk team as part of the Return to Work programme.
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice helps organisations effectively measure and mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations. Our business is expanding rapidly, and cyber risk is a particular area of exciting growth. Helping our clients with their cyber risk challenges is complex, often involves working closely with a diverse range of experts from many different disciplines and geographies.
You’ll be both a valued consultant and a true business partner. Defining technology roadmaps, leading projects and influencing decision-makers will all be in a day’s work. Think you’ll just be a strategist? Think again. You’ll provide leadership to deliver hands-on solutions to major client challenges – conducting cyber maturity reviews, threat and risk assessments, creating operating models, designing infrastructure, specifying hardware, building software, simulating attacks and war gaming.
We are looking for cyber risk, strategy and transformation professionals whose background includes working with security technologies and solutions, platforms, software development, cloud, networking, performing risk assessments or project management together with a broad understanding across information security domains. Ideally the individual would have experience bringing this knowledge together to assess and advise against/on security good practice and deliver transformational improvements with regards to cyber risk.
You will be comfortable performing within a team, work effectively across organisational and geographical boundaries and cultivate new and existing relationships with clients. The environment at Deloitte is made up of a broad range of smart people, including world-class risk, cyber and other technical experts. You will be someone who wants to develop your leadership and technical skills and help some of the world’s biggest and most complicated organisations with their cyber challenges.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising organisations on what good cyber security looks like for them, based on the cyber security threats and risks they face as an organisation/industry
- Identifying and explaining cyber risks within complex new digital transformation initiatives
- Delivering projects to improve organisations cyber capabilities by implementing people, process or technological improvements
- Working with the Cyber leads in Risk Advisory and related specialist areas to develop and implement existing and new/innovative market propositions across a number of industries
- Delivering a portfolio of cyber-related engagements across our business,
- Working effectively with colleagues in other parts of the firm in the UK and overseas
- Building and developing long-term relationships with senior cyber professionals and other relevant stakeholders across our client organisations
- Managing and working within diverse teams and helping individuals develop their careers at Deloitte within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Project managing and working within major and high-profile security transformation programmes to deliver security improvements and help deliver a step-change in security capability.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: London, with some travel across the UK and Europe
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will typically work 80% (or 4 days a week), although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- A broad range of cyber experience, likely including one or more of: providing organisational certifications (such as ISO27001 or SOC2), advanced threat readiness and protection, application protection, identity and access management, incident response, information privacy and protection, cyber risk analytics, vulnerability management, cyber war gaming and PCI DSS
- Technical or specialist experience, likely to include some experience of one or more of: security technology deployment or operation, operating system build/support/configuration, networking, software or web development, coding, system or solution architecture initiatives, cloud initiatives, incident response/management, and technical risk assessments
- Commercial awareness and business acumen, including specifically a good understanding of cyber risk to both business processes and supporting technology, and mechanisms to measure and manage that risk
- Experience of developing effective working relationships with people at various levels of seniority and influencing outcomes
- Responsibility for delivering high quality complex projects including effective programme, project, financial and people management;
- Demonstrable Up-to-date knowledge of the latest cyber-attack techniques and threats
- Relevant cyber qualifications, for example CISSP, CISM, PCI QSA or equivalent, would be beneficial.
Your service line
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. . Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.