Return to Work 2018/19, Senior Manager, Finance Operations and Support, Risk Advisory
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Finance Operations and Support team as part of the Return to Work programme.
Become an integral part of the Finance Transformation team within the Risk Advisory business across London. Focusing on providing innovative solutions to clients across both private and public sector entities, globally as well as in the UK, this fast growing team has ambitious growth plans for the next three years.
We are looking for candidates with a strong finance background who can demonstrate a mix of operational finance, project management, project based transformation and/or change management experience and skills.
- Extensive liaison with clients both face to face and remotely
- Project planning and management to support the Finance Transformation team’s project based work
- Working to tight deadlines, often requiring prioritisation of numerous concurrent project deadlines and requirements
- Supporting the team in producing proposals for future projects
- Business development opportunities, both internally across Deloitte’s service lines, and externally with current and potential future clients
- Research and analysis related both to projects and business development
- Supporting the team in producing internal management information
- Regularly attending internal industry events and training sessions
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Nationwide with occasional local travel to clients
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will typically work 80% (or 4 days a week), although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence, both orally and in writing
- Proven planning and project management skills
- Experience of working in an audit or finance advisory capacity is preferable however for the right candidate, experience of working as a finance business partner or in a line role will be advantageous
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Your service line
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.