Return to Work programme 2018/19, Adobe Developer, Senior Consultant-Manager, Deloitte Digital
Return to Work programme 2018/19, Adobe Developer, Senior Consultant-Manager, Deloitte Digital, Consulting, London
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Digital as part of the Return to Work programme.
As an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer at Deloitte Digital, you’ll be responsible for developing cutting-edge Adobe AEM solutions. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best Developers, UX Designers and Strategy thinkers in the business, delivering world-class Adobe solutions for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. For us, developers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code to match a large paper based specification.
You will need to work alongside our clients and their customers to combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It's the combination of these skills and ways of working that helps us deliver the best digital experiences. You will apply your analytical expertise to come up with quality solutions for our clients wishing to utilise the content management capabilities of AEM.
- Liaise with Business Analysts to interpret business requirements and create high quality agile technical specifications
- Write product specifications and design documentation for system components. Organise review and/or release of documentation when required
- Contribute towards estimating and planning the delivery of significant components of Adobe AEM solutions, under the supervision of the technical lead
- Conform to design and development standards adapted to the project context
- Develop software components that meet the quality and architectural standards agreed for the team, including the documentation and implementation of unit tests, scripts and test harnesses
- Demonstrate or present delivered functionality to Deloitte and/or client teams
- Work across the entire delivery lifecycle, including the identification and resolution of software defects during test execution phases
- Support effective configuration and release management of software delivered
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: Based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you’ll also have a chance to work with clients throughout the UK, Europe and beyond.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
Overall, you’re an idea person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are natural initiative-takers, who are attentive to others and bring out the best in them, and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity, or culture.
- Knowledge of setup, development and configuration of the AEM 6.x platform
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) and some with post-graduate experience in consulting or industry is desirable
- Experience and understanding of agile delivery processes
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Mastery of all core web technologies including XML and JSP, and Web Services development using RESTful implementations
- Deep understanding of Java, JEE, servlets and JSP, tag libraries, combined with a strong understanding of enterprise Java frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate)
- Proficient in Adobe AEM foundational concepts, including the OAK repository, the AEM platform, and the use of core frameworks (e.g., Apache Sling, Apache Felix)
- Solid understanding of all Adobe AEM building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets etc., and the AEM development and deployment process
- Experience with Sightly templating language
- Capable of interfacing with clients and managing their demands and expectations
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts
- Interest in developing the organisation, building and documenting processes, and evaluating tools
- Knowledge of good practice around usability, maintainability and accessibility
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
About Deloitte Digital
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
We’re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you’ll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists – using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we’re passionate about. We wouldn’t be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consultancy practice your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.