Return to Work 2018/19 Mgr/Snr Mgr, Risk Analytics, Financial Services (FS), Risk Advisory
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Risk Analytics team as part of the Return to Work programme.
Data sits at the heart of every organisation and is relied upon for all aspects of operations, analysis, decision-making, reporting and planning. As part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management and use of this data improves the performance of the business.
Supporting our core advisory services, and using a range of analytical tools and technologies to deal with data issues, we help reveal new opportunities to our clients through better use of their data. We work with leading blue chip clients to help them realise the value of their data. This ranges from generating reliable information (e.g. data quality, mastering, governance) to diagnostic analysis (e.g. reconciling financial data) and value added analysis (e.g. improving operational performance) in areas relating to customers, workforce, finance, operations, supply chain, fraud, and, risk and regulatory. In addition, we provide advisory services in the core capabilities of information management, management reporting and data science.
Risk Analytics is an integral part of Deloitte's advisory capabilities, and our OneDeloitte strategy enables individuals to work with our specialists in different areas across the business.
As a practitioner in our Risk Analytics Financial Services* team, you will:
- Provide our clients with the information and insight they need to take the best decisions, improve their performance and minimise risk in projects and programmes ranging from advisory missions to technical assignments
- Ensure that data and information meets the business requirements
- Engage with clients to get a detailed understanding of their specific needs
- Solve the puzzle of integrating disparate sources of enterprise data and information to model and visualise our clients’ businesses
- Design and develop solutions for reporting and analytics
- Develop solutions and processes to ensure the right level of data quality.
*Financial Services (FS) comprises the following industry verticals:
- Retail Banking
- Investment Management
- Capital Markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering risk analytics projects, supporting the design of the project approach and producing deliverables for clients
- Working across a range of delivery engagements, from small to large projects, often as part of a mixed capability delivery team and at times working on more than one project in parallel
- Developing the internal practice through codifying best practice & delivery methodologies
- Supporting in the development of analytics propositions within the FS industries, and the development of thought leadership
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- Information Management and/or Data Science within one or more FS industries
- Delivering services related to one or more of core Information Management and Data Science domains:
- Data Strategy
- Data Architecture
- Data Governance
- Master Data Management
- Big data
- Analytical modelling
- Artificial intelligence
- Leading engagements involving a range of tools such as:
- Information management tools (e.g. SQL, ETL, RDBMS)
- Visualization tools (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau)
- Data science (e.g. R, Python, Alteryx, SAS, SPSS)
- Big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Managing multiple engagements effectively and working on your own initiative and in many different and challenging environments
- Developing effective relationships with key client stakeholders
- Adopting innovative approaches to determine client needs
- Adopting effective communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including an ability to liaise with both technical and business client contacts.
Your service line
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.