Return to Work 2018/19 Consultant, Tax Management Consulting, Business Tax
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
The market for tax services is changing. With consulting, technology and outsourcing experience, we help businesses meet the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including compliance, reporting and risk management.
Deloitte’s Tax Management Consulting Team (TMC) has a market leading reputation. We are the largest of the Big 4 tax process and technology departments and demand for our services is growing rapidly. We have had great success in the market and this success is due to the quality of our people. Our TMC Compliance and Reporting team is distinctive as it sits within the core of our Tax Consulting business so our clients get an end to end global advisory service with a framework of technology. This means you will be joining a team that is front and centre and partners closely with clients to get to the heart of the solution. A fun place to work with a real buzz; a forward thinking, innovative culture where colleagues are passionate about what they do – an environment where progression is based on merit and not time served.
Joining the TMC Compliance and Reporting team will give you the opportunity to collaborate with senior tax and finance leaders across a range of industry specialisms (ranging from Financial Services, Real Estate, Consumer Business, Energy & Resources, Technology, Media & Telecommunications) as well as Deloitte’s internal Partner network.
Clients will draw on your expertise to get it right and you will use innovation and technology to drive efficiency, manage risk, develop strong relationships, become a trusted advisor, deliver insight and build an understanding of how large businesses operate on a global level. You will collaborate across TMC and the wider firm, bringing the best of Deloitte to the client.
Our Consultants take the lead on delivering key parts of our client services. As a Consultant, you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
You might own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
- Act as engagement manager on a portfolio of clients.
- Be the main client contact in respect of the compliance and reporting process, responsible for quality, delivery and all aspects of client service on the engagement.
- Work with the offshore and nearshore teams to plan, and deliver the entire compliance and/or reporting process.
- Develop a working knowledge of the wider TMC practice and ensure that these wider offerings are introduced to existing clients where relevant – offering the client a holistic solution.
- Introduce other Deloitte specialists as appropriate to manage opportunities identified or projects arising e.g. capital allowances, transfer pricing, R&D and treasury.
- Actively seek possible improvements to processes, technologies and methodologies (e.g. automation, analytics) and communicate the ideas with the team.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: This position is available at any Deloitte UK office (mainland) with the expectation of some client site and London travel.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will typically work 80% (or 4 days a week), although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
To qualify for this role you must:
- Adopt an innovative approach and a desire to solve problems
- Be passionate about client service
- Have experience of delivering a portfolio of compliance and reporting work
- Be organised with a flexible and adaptable approach
- Have a good level of tax technical knowledge
- Be ACA / CTA qualified or equivalent
- Ideally, some experience of best practice compliance process.
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.