Return to Work Programme, Assistant Director/Director, Real Estate Consulting, Financial Advisory
Return to Work Programme, Assistant Director/Director, Real Estate Consulting, Financial Advisory, London
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join the Deloitte Real Estate team as part of the Return to Work programme.
Our real estate advisory practice is one of the world’s leading providers of real estate professional services. Together we’ve established a new benchmark in how real estate advisory services are delivered, with an unparalleled capability to provide innovative cross service solutions to the most complex property challenges. We provide consultative services, as well as a variety of specialist advice, to a wide range of private and public sector clients across the UK and abroad. We can help clients with everything from preparing planning applications to managing commercial real estate.
Deloitte Real Estate works seamlessly with specialist teams in areas of assurance and advisory, Tax, Corporate Finance and Consulting, to deliver fully integrated expert solutions on a national and global basis. Working here will give you the chance to gain experience on a truly diverse range of property types – so expect some interesting inspections, valuations and negotiations. The calibre of clients is exceptionally high and you’ll have the opportunity to develop across different areas as your experience grows.
You will have responsibility for:
- Designing and developing large scale transformation programmes either driven by, or resulting in, real estate change
- Defining the business case approach and preparing materials for approval within the public sector
- Developing client bids across public and private sector
- Developing markets, offerings, propositions and pioneering thought leadership
- Identifying and assessing opportunities for development of a proposition and engaging collaboratively with senior stakeholders.
- Developing process, policy, tools and systems, and ensuring robust delivery of products, services and relevant projects.
- Liaising with stakeholders across Consulting, Audit & Assurance and Tax to develop a joined up go-to-market approach
- Understanding the wider business environment, identifying opportunities and risks to your own business area and adjusting your business plan to exploit opportunities or manage risk as appropriate
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will typically work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working on public sector projects at a consulting firm or real estate services provider
- Expert knowledge of HMT Green Book Business Case approach
- Experience in:
- Leading transformation projects in the public sector from inception to implementation
- Developing Business Case materials
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Engaging with senior stakeholders on their business requirements and translating these in a strategic vision and detailed requirements
- Presenting business cases to secure stakeholder buy in / investment
- Experience in leading client bids and pitches
- Sound understanding of commercial issues and sources of competitive advantage
- Experience in projects / programmes with a strong real estate component
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and work under own initiative.
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.