Return to Work programme 2018/19 Manager/Assistant Director, Government & Infrastructure
Return to Work programme 2018/19 Manager/Assistant Director, Government & Infrastructure, Financial Advisory, London
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Government and Infrastructure team as part of the Return to Work programme.
Our Government and Infrastructure team provides specialist finance raising and commercial contract negotiation advice to private and public sector clients. We operate across the infrastructure, energy and public services sectors.
Our service areas include:
- Major infrastructure and capital programmes
- Government led reorganisations and restructurings
- Public procurement
- Project and PFI/PPP financing
- Privatisations and outsourcings
We advise on the procurement, negotiation and (when sought by government) re-negotiation of major contracts between the public and private sector, particularly where these involve detailed incentive payment arrangements. Our team has significant experience of advising Government and its corporate entities on structural options, ownership reviews and divestments.
The Deloitte Government & Infrastructure team has an exciting opportunity within the team for a Manager/Assistant Director level candidate. The role will combine typical project, commercial and corporate finance skills. The individual will work within a vibrant team advising government and private sector clients through all stages of the contracting life cycle of high profile and complex public sector programmes across a range of sectors.
As a Manager or Assistant Director within this team, you will support clients in:
- Setting commercial and financial strategies, including considering alternative commercial models including joint ventures;
- Structuring and documenting programme business cases;
- Developing and executing the procurement strategy;
- Negotiations through to contract close;
- Contract management activities, including considering options to restructure and/or renegotiate contracts; and
- Preparing financial analysis, including complex analysis and financial models, to support each stage of these programmes.
You will also lead or support on a range of non-client facing activities including:
- Working closely with the Directors and Partners to deliver marketing and business development activity; and
- Preparing research documents and proposals.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: The primary location will be London. You may be required to spend time working in other locations in the UK for extended durations as required by clients and projects.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
You will have at least one of the following:
- Experience of managing commercial and/or financial activity on a large public procurement;
- A strong working knowledge of the structure and application of public service outsourcing or similar contracts.
Other requirements include:
- CA, ACA, CIPS, MBA (or equivalent) qualification (not essential depending on other experience)
- Strong commercial acumen/market awareness
- Analytical, thorough and methodical approach with a good understanding of Excel spreadsheets
- Highly numerate with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb quickly large amounts of data
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships
- Contact base within the infrastructure sector including funds, banks, legal and technical advisors
- Motivated with a real enthusiasm for advising on public sector programmes
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.