Return to Work programme 2018/19 Manager, Financial Institutions Group
Return to Work programme 2018/19 Manager, Financial Institutions Group & Portfolio Lead Advisory Services, Restructuring Services, London
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's market-leading Financial Institutions Group (FIG) in London, comprising FIG Advisory & Portfolio Lead Advisory Services (PLAS), as part of the Return to Work programme.
You will benefit from working with one of the most experienced teams in the field as well as colleagues across the Deloitte network, advising financial institutions, regulators, investors and governments on the evaluation and implementation of major change to banks’ organisational and financial structures and leading loan portfolio transactions. You will gain wide exposure to blue chip financial sector clients working across EMEA and globally.
Working with FIG, as part of the firm's Financial Advisory practice, will position you to provide advice and lead on a day-to-day basis, a wide range of restructuring and financial asset portfolio transaction projects within the financial services sector.
FIG Advisory - The sort of work that you will get involved in includes:
- Recovery and resolution plans
- Bank resolution and insolvency
- Servicing benchmarking, setup and evaluation
- Asset Quality Reviews
- Deleveraging plans
- Bank wind downs/market exits
- Bank organisational and financial restructures
PLAS - The sort of work that you will get involved in includes:
- Strategic portfolio reviews
- Strategic options analysis
- Pricing analysis
- Loan portfolio sale and acquisition transactions
Here at Deloitte we are renowned for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to develop and excel in everything they do. FIG in London is a prime example of this.
FIG is fully integrated into the "One Deloitte" agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line and cross border projects. Benefiting from high levels of client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field, you will have the opportunity to expand your skills into the full range of restructuring services in the financial services sector.
As a Manager, you will be expected to work on both FIG Advisory and PLAS assignments (buy and sell side). Activities include:
- Supporting clients through the options analysis, planning and implementation phases of restructuring and loan portfolio transaction projects including:
- portfolio identification and shaping
- indicative pricing
- portfolio data/information preparation
- transaction process design and execution
- data room set-up and management
- buyer/investor liaison and canvassing
- commercial terms design and negotiation
- bid analysis and negotiation
- client reporting throughout
- Supporting on a wide range of FIG Advisory projects including:
- the development of deleveraging plans
- asset quality reviews
- loan work-out capability assessments
- loan servicing benchmarking and assessments
- planning and implementation of the wind down and closure of banks
- recovery and resolution plan reviews
- good bank/bad bank separation
- bank resolution and insolvency analysis and implementation
- Leading teams in the design and development of financial analysis to direct and support strategic and tactical decision making and impact analysis
- Working closely and collaboratively with client staff, on client premises, to deliver projects using outstanding technical skills and commercial awareness along with a willingness to deliver results
- Working to tight deadlines, adding value on complex, high profile and sensitive projects
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Taking an active role in business development initiatives
- Being innovative in developing client solutions.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you will:
- Have prior experience in: banking; loan/financial investment; corporate finance/M&A/asset transactions; insolvency; financial or operational restructuring, or servicing
- Demonstrate strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Have experience in Excel analysis and modelling
- Adopt a methodical and logical mind-set to problem solving, an effective approach to time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be client focused with the ability to communicate effectively and establish strong working relationships with clients and within your team
- A self-starter with experience of leading teams
- Be willing and able to travel and spend significant periods of time outside of the UK at relatively short notice
- Have developed strong finance skills (preferably ACA/ACCA/JIEB qualified) (ideally with first time passes) or have an MBA or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Any additional languages would be an advantage i.e. Spanish, Portuguese and Italian languages desirable
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.