Return to Work programme 2018/19 Assistant Director Forensic Disputes, Financial Advisory
Return to Work programme 2018/19 Assistant Director Forensic Disputes, Financial Advisory, London or Regions
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Forensic Disputes team as part of the Return to Work programme.
It is ambition, creativity and client focus, coupled with our commitment for doing what is right that sets us apart. In Forensic Disputes you’ll work with businesses and legal advisors across all aspects of the dispute lifecycle, in different jurisdictions and for a wide range of industries. Drawing on our deep expert witness, financial analysis, damage quantification and discovery capabilities, you’ll build trusted advisor relationships with our clients to help guide their cases through to successful resolution. Work is varied and no two cases are the same. As an Assistant Director, you will be exposed to highly sensitive, high profile cases that often grab media attention.
We want you to succeed. We’ll do everything in our power to help you be your best and deliver an impact that matters to our clients, our firm and society as a whole. You’ll benefit from the combined knowledge of our global network of forensic specialists, have direct access to our Partners and Directors and we’ll take a long term view towards your development. What’s not to like?
Deloitte's Forensic Department is the world's largest global practice, meaning you will get the opportunity to advise clients with operations across the globe and to potentially work abroad, experiencing varying business and cultural environments.
Being part of a specialist group, but within a global network of member firms, means you will be part of a personalised culture but with the support and benefits of a large organisation. In Forensic Disputes you will work with businesses and legal advisors across all aspects of the disputes lifecycle and in varying dispute fora, including arbitration, mediation and determination.
You will be involved in a wide range of projects and asked to:
- Help clients react quickly and confidently in a dispute and support clients through the all key aspects of the dispute process;
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, with subject matter experts to collate, review and assess evidence;
- Assist in the drafting of formal reports to the Court or alternative dispute resolution fora, in the context of expert witness assignments;
- Deliver proactive advice for clients to reduce the risk of future problems;
- Work alongside our Forensic Technology team to extract and organise both structured (i.e. databases, enterprise systems, etc.) and unstructured (i.e. email messages, audio files, etc.) data to provide the evidential basis of a claim;
- Manage and develop key account relationships both internally and externally;
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Take initiative to spot and develop marketing opportunities for business and personal profile development.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: Your base will be a Deloitte London or regional office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across a number of different industries with a variety of clients in locations across Europe and the globe.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- We need bright people with a novel and sophisticated analytical approach. You will have experience working on large disputes and you will enjoy motivating and sharing knowledge with junior team members to further develop their skills.
- Candidates for this role will be chartered accountants who are able to demonstrate:
- Open-minded, solutions-oriented, lateral thinking and leading from the front;
- Market awareness and being commercially astute;
- Proficient communication skills and the ability to get their message across clearly and concisely;
- A natural ability to manage, nurture and develop more junior staff, as part of a collaborative and supportive team.
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.