Risk Management Lawyer, 4-5 days per week - open to flexibility
Shearman & Sterling has been advising many of the world's leading corporations and financial institutions, governments and governmental organisations for more than 140 years. The firm has approximately 850 lawyers in 22 offices around the world. Our lawyers come from some 80 countries, speak more than 60 languages and practise US, English, EU, French, German, Italian, Hong Kong, OHADA and Saudi law. We also practise Dubai International Financial Centre law and Abu Dhabi Global Market law.
Working within a global team, this role will support the firm’s current Risk Management Lawyer in London with a varied array of risk areas and projects.
This can be a full-time role but we are open to a 4 day week or other flexible working arrangements.
- Policy drafting, updating and management;
- Providing guidance to partners, associates and business support teams on key legal and regulatory risk matters including (for example) engagement letters, information barriers, anti-money laundering, data protection, prevention of tax evasion, disclosure regimes, anti-bribery and corruption, insider registers, non-disclosure agreements and escrow arrangements;
- Review of London office contracts;
- Management of firm and individual lawyer SRA accounts and records;
- Preparation and submission of SRA bulk renewal application;
- Preparation and submission of National Crime Agency filings;
- Management of certain online training courses;
- Participation in periodic global calls (for example GDPR, AML);
- Management of the London office’s risk register;
- Participation in responses to client audits;
- Participation in routine SRA communications/audits;
- Identification of new or changing regulatory/legal issues affecting the firm;
- Supporting the firm’s Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP) and Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA), as necessary;
- Attending conferences and industry meetings to keep up to date on key topics.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Qualified lawyer, 3 - 5 PQE
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
Please see the attached job description and click the apply button below to make your application