Return to Work - Analytics – Cognitive, Data Science & Visualisation, Consultant/Snr Consultant
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Analytics team as part of the Return to Work programme.
The role will involve working on the delivery of key analytics transformation projects focusing on:
- Working with clients to develop visual and interactive analytics solutions which address their business questions
- Participating in the design and implementation of analytics solutions considering both the theoretical and practical aspects of the possible approaches under a variety of technical, business, and time constraints
- Addressing the key considerations for successful implementation of visual analytics solutions, including embedding change into an organisation
- Applying best-practice data visualisation and user-experience principles in solution design and development, using both custom build and off-the shelf technologies and software
- Owning project deliverables and managing their successful delivery to client expectations
- Clearly and confidently articulating the value and benefits which visual analytics can bring to clients
- Communicating findings, requirements and insights to different senior technical and non-technical audiences within the firm and to our clients
- Supporting the growth of the analytics practice, by keeping abreast of market and industry trends and sharing knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic travel.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
We are looking for individuals with strong data manipulation skills and creativity. An ideal candidate should have a strong scientific, engineering or creative background (Masters or PhD degree in a related discipline would be a merit), and a broad knowledge of commonly used visualisation techniques and/or good data engineering skill with data manipulation tools.
We expect your experience to cover a broad spectrum of analytical areas:
- Exposure to the design, development, testing and maintenance of analytics solutions, in particular visualisation
- Understanding of creation of Proof of Concepts and how to operationalise these in production environments
- Knowledge of User Experience, Usability and good practice design for visualisation, and how to engage and draw out requirements from users
- Design, development and delivery of digital visualisations – i.e. on tablet, smartphone, wearables and laptop
- Build and delivery of visualisation projects in software in at least one of Qlikview, QlikSense, Tableau, and Power BI. Additional tools such as Spotfire, Microstrategy, Salesforce Wave etc. a bonus
- Web application and custom visualisation development experience using Java/HTML5/CSS/JQuery/D3/ QlikSense Mash-Ups and Extensions etc. highly desireable
- Hands on experience with some data manipulation tools: Spark, Python, Alteryx along with SAS or SQL.
Additionally desirable experience includes:
- Virtual or Augmented Reality Visualisation development
- Design of Alexa/Chatbot or other tools to more intuitively create Visualisations or enable users to interact in news ways
- Integration of Natural Language Processing or Generation
- Big data visualisation experience
- Geospatial analytics experience in ArcGIS or other toolset
- Integration of R/SPSS or other data science tool within visualisations
- Specific industry experience of analytics.
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.