RTW 2018/19, Snrr Consultant – Mgr, Snr Developer, Solution Development & Integration
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
As a Senior Developer, you will have responsibility for:
- Developing solutions that meet business requirements
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders across the project lifecycle, including:
- Liaising with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and with Solution Architects on functional and technical designs
- Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Manager with scoping and estimation of development efforts
- Working collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs
- Providing technical direction to Developers
- Developing program specifications and detailed design documents
- Developing programs using software including JAVA and .NET technologies
- Coding, testing and debugging complex applications programs
- Enforcing coding standards and performing code reviews
- Quality assurance, including ensuring quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing
- Providing primary support for assigned systems and applications; providing backup support for other systems as needed
- Working independently with limited support, while aligned to weekly and daily agile governance (weekly sprints, reporting)
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: London with occasional domestic travel.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Your professional experience
- Java – J2EE, Spring, Apache Camel, Hibernate
- Hands-on with UNIX
- MUST have good understanding and experience on MicroService Architecture, Domain Driven Design, SOAP/REST APIs
- Docker, Kubernetes
- SQL, Postgres, MYSQL, MongoDB
- Working knowledge on Bamboo, Jenkins, GOCD,
- Exposure to the AWS stack (e.g Gateway, Lambda, GLUE, EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, S3, ELB, EFS) or Azure equivalents
- Proficiency in MS Office (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) including macros creation’.
- Internal or external consultancy experience
- Experience implementing large-scale custom development integration projects
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with database design
- Experience with creating responsive design, Performance tuning, Automated Build and deployment
- Experience developing or working with mainframe technologies COBOL, PL/1, JCL, Natural and ADABAS and VSAM
- Demonstrated understanding of tool based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- A strong desire to work hands-on with application code and perform deep levels of analysis to troubleshoot outcomes and recommend resolution.
Additionally, we expect that you possess the following core consulting skills:
- A strong focus on team working within diverse and remotely located teams
- A "can do" attitude - Hands-on & flexible approach to emerging requirements and a real willingness to learn and participate
- Good communication and people skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to different audiences within an organisation, and effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from subject matter experts to senior functional leads
- Strong documentation ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in fast-paced and demanding delivery-focused environments.
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction