RTW 2018/19 Consultant, Technology – Analytics & Information Management & Architecture
Return to work after a career break with a 25-week paid programme that’s designed for you.
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a career break of two years or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer to our clients and our business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to re-adapt and get your career back on track.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from a comprehensive induction to the firm, technical skills training, coaching and on-the-job project and client experience.
At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to take up an exciting career opportunity at Deloitte.
To be eligible for the programme you will:
- have taken a career break of two or more years
- have five or more years’ experience within professional services or a relevant industry/sector, including a minimum of two years in a similar position to the role you wish to apply for
- be available to work from 21 January 2019 for a period of 25 weeks.
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's Analytics & Information team as part of the Return to Work programme.
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte’s technology consulting practice and looking to continue its growth. Our practitioners work on challenging projects with leading FTSE 100 clients across strategy, advisory and implementation.
We work with leading edge technology platforms and tools, such as:
- Amazon Web Services
- NoSQL technologies
We help our clients with all the aspects of data management from developing their analytics or data strategies, through to implementing solutions to deliver their strategy. Our practitioners are able to communicate complicated concepts to business audiences with ease. They are data enthusiasts and are keen to tackle complex technical challenges and deliver tangible value for our clients.
As an Information Architecture Consultant you will be encouraged to devise innovative solutions to help our clients address their biggest data challenges. Typical projects could include, developing Big Data and NoSQL technology solutions, analysing source data for an Information Delivery project, developing an Information Delivery solution using commercial ETL software, or leading on a Data Quality analysis project. In your role, you will work in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution. You will have responsibility for deliverables and client stakeholder relationships and could be leading a team to deliver solutions for our clients using various project delivery methodologies. You will often be working in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries, subject matter and locations.
Your work your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Location: London with some domestic travel. There are also opportunities for international travel.
Work pattern: Fixed-term part-time: the programme runs for 25 weeks from 21 January 2019; participants will work 80% (or 4 days a week) although we will always consider a full-time, 5-day contract if you prefer.
Our projects vary greatly and your responsibility as a Consultant will differ based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillset, but could include:
- Interviewing client staff to understand business requirements
- Designing an on-premises or cloud-based, data warehouse, or big data solution; this could cover several technologies, countries and lines of business
- Developing a component of a data solution; this could be a database, a report, an application prototype, or a piece of supporting documentation such as a design or a plan for testing
- Embedding a data governance capability within a client to support continual data quality
- Supporting the definition of a technology strategy or target operating model to underpin an Analytics or Information Management capability
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading analytics and information management offerings and helping produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities to our clients
- Contributing to the development of our thriving analytics and information management community.
Your professional experience
You will demonstrate:
- Stakeholder management skills and ability to collaborate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to lead teams and drive success through coaching, facilitation, stakeholder management and expectation management capabilities.
Your experience will include one or more of the following areas:
- Data modelling approaches (e.g. 3NF relational, Kimball dimensional) and modelling tools such as ErWin, IBM Infosphere Data Architect or Microsoft Visio
- Database development using tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, Greenplum
- Producing architecture diagrams for enterprise data and analytics solutions using tools such as Microsoft Visio
- Design and development of solutions using cloud and/or NoSQL database platforms such as Redshift, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Technical or logical design of traditional (e.g. data warehouse) and/or next-generation (e.g. Big Data) data architectures for structured and/or unstructured data
- Designing the data integration architecture based on solution requirements e.g. real-time, near real-time, batch
- Designing business intelligence and reporting solution architecture (e.g. Oracle OBIEE, Microsoft SSRS, Cognos BI, Tableau, QlikView)
- Working with business and technology stakeholders to explain the importance of data management, including master data management, good data quality, and governance required to drive ownership and accountability of data.
Your service line
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.