Business Development Manager Part-time 28 hours per week
This is a key role at an exciting time for the organisation – as we refresh and update our core mentoring programme. The postholder will play a vital role in ensuring that we are able to expand and offer this high impact programme to more families and children, enabling us to become a UK wide service.
We are looking for a self-motivated and proactive individual, with the ability to digest complex information quickly. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, cope well under pressure and balance competing priorities effectively.
In this post, you will develop a growth strategy for the programme and also develop a funding model which will help us maximise all potential funding streams. You will need to research market opportunities that have not yet moved to the commissioning stage, develop strategic relationships and secure sales of our service across a range of Public sector bodies. Meeting income generation targets as set out in the organisational strategy for the next three years. You will need to be entrepreneurial and comfortable in leading.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Diversifying the charities income streams in response to austerity cuts.
- Developing a scalable and sustainable funding model.
- Widening out the potential pool of funders to include Police and Crime Commissioners, Community Safety Partnerships, Commissioners from Youth services/ Anti-Social Behaviour and schools as well as Health and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
- Negotiating and delivering contracts in the public sector.
- Providing detailed content for bids and proposals.
- Experience of developing new markets
- Strong understanding of charity sector funding including self-earned income models
- Ability to manage relationships and develop partnerships
- Demonstrable ability to research and analyse the needs for services within a government contracted service delivery environment
- Strong financial acumen and comfortable in analysing and using financial data
- Experience in service development and innovative ideas in taking services to market
- Experience with CCG Commissions
- Experience of using customer relationship management platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Understanding of Safeguarding good practice and responsibilities
- A strategic thinker
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to build strong relationships
- A strong commitment to high standards of service delivery
- Driven by targets and thrives in high pressure environments
- Confident and effective in operating at a senior level
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written
The job description is a general outline of the job duties and responsibilities and may be amended as the project develops. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
The post holder will be joining the team at a time of significant evolution, so they should expect, and be able to adapt to significant change in responsibilities over the period of the role.
Closing date 4th of November. Interviews will commence on the week of the 5th.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a covering message via the application method below. We look forward to hearing from you!