Bookkeeper, part time - 10 hours per week, term time
LAGAD are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper on a flexible part time basis for around 10 hours per week, either part days or full days.
Work is mostly term time with some staff payments to be processed during the school holidays.
Reporting to the Director you will be responsible for keeping the financial records of the business in a fun and vibrant small office in Central Muswell Hill.
- Develop and maintain systems to account for financial transactions on Xero.
- Transfer data from back end of company website into accounts.
- Update and devise bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Produce weekly reports and updates.
- Produce sales invoices and send out – chase up where necessary.
- Send end of year reports to Accountants
- Keep a clear flow chart of forecasts and projections.
- Collating VAT and Corp Tax forecasts.
- VAT returns to HMRC quarterly
- Ensure payments for VAT and Corp Tax are made on time.
- Ensure payments to HMRC for PAYE are made Monthly Payroll for employed and self-employed personnel.
- Job costing management – recording costs to jobs and raising invoices
- Processing back receipts and payments
- Bank reconciliations and cash flow management
- Managing petty cash, employee expenses, holidays/absences and student loan repayments.
- Monthly reconciliation of company credit cards
- VAT preparation
- Liaising with the company’s external accountant
- Scanning and filing away records
- Highly competent with working knowledge of Xero.
- Bookkeeping experience: ideally 5+ years
- Good IT skills and proficiency in Excel and Word
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an eye for detail
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Proactive, reliable, personable and enthusiastic
Necessary requirements :
- 5+ years of bookkeeping experience in a small company with £1m + turnover
- Accounting qualification required (AAT, AACA or CIMA)
- Working knowledge of Xero.
- The right to work in the UK.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this position and have all of the necessary requirements, please apply with your CV and covering via the application method below.