VP Global Digital and Privacy Law, Open to flexibility
VP Global Digital and Privacy Law, Open to flexibility
You will lead a newly created global Digital and Privacy legal team at GSK. Working in close collaboration with the business and colleagues in IP, Regulatory, Privacy and Compliance, you will set future strategies to get GSK ahead of the curve in digital trends and privacy and other laws which could impact the way that GSK operates both internally and externally to drive the business.This role will act as the liaison between GSK's Legal and Tech organisation.
You will coordinate the provision of Legal support to the Tech organisation and provide strategic and policy direction on emerging legal issues in the digital/ tech, and Privacy fields. You will be the primary legal contact and partner to GSK's Chief Digital and Technology Officer, and her Digital and Tech Leadership teams. Additionally you will oversee the Privacy legal team, with the Global Privacy Counsel reporting into this position and partner closely with the Global Privacy Officer in the Compliance organisation. Finally you will be responsible for overseeing the legal aspects of GSK's Cyber Security.
Provide creative, aligned and proactive counselling on a broad range of complex and developing legal, business and policy issues to senior leadership responsible for establishing and delivering the company's global digital, data analytics and technology strategy
This role is a second line leader position with a total organisation size of approximately 16 employees. The role will be responsible to drive alignment within GSK Legal and other risk management functions to ensure that coordinated advice and best-in-class service is provided to the business and tech teams on a variety of legal and regulatory issues related to digital/tech initiatives, including drug promotion, data privacy, information security, intellectual property, contracting and related legal, regulatory and policy issues.
The role will lead attorneys responsible for ensuring aligned, coordinated and best-in-class legal support from GSK Legal specialists (eg, regulatory, contracting, privacy, information security) for the drafting and negotiation of all digital and tech legal agreements across GSK, including development, platform and infrastructure, commercial, social media, licensing and collaboration agreements and intellectual property acquisitions, and service agreements. Provide strategic risk-based advice and support on key agreements to senior management.
Support and coordinate development and maintenance of aligned global digital and privacy policies for GSK and best practices related to legal and regulatory issues that affect the company.
Stay current on emerging technologies, new and proposed laws and other developments, as well as best practices and trends, in the digital and privacy space and act on opportunities to shape the external environment. Support delivery of education and training to the broader Legal organisation and GSK.
- J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school, or equivalent non-U.S. law degree Excellent academic credentials with extensive relevant legal experience in this field.
- Significant experience advising and influencing very senior business clients at large organisations on Digital and Privacy issues. Experience advising a global business unit is preferred.
- Outstanding analytical, leadership, organisational, influencing, and writing and oral communication skills, as well as strong record of driving effective collaboration across organisational boundaries in a diverse and matrixed environment.
- Preferred expertise in digital/tech and privacy legal areas in the healthcare industry, with an emphasis on operational privacy expertise, as well as risk management, information protection and security, litigation and regulatory counselling.
- Experience with digital and IT contracting, including software licensing, product development or other commercial contracts involving the acquisition and use of technology, data and IP.
- Preferred familiarity with pharmaceutical drug promotion regulations.
- Expertise in current and future trends for technology, social media, digital marketing, and data analytics terminology, systems and issues.
- Sound judgment that incorporates strong legal analysis, a pragmatic approach, and consideration of business goals, risk tolerance, and external stakeholder priorities.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a bias for delivering actionable advice in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15th October. To apply please send your CV and covering letter.
- J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school, or equivalent non-U.S. law degree
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led, global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative products. GSK currently employ over 100,000 people globally and has offices in more than 115 countries. The Company has major research centres in the UK, USA, and Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 84 sites globally. The Company strategy is focused around growing a diversified global business, delivering more products of value, and simplifying their operating model. Being a responsible business is central to the strategy, and how they deliver success is just as important as what they achieve. In order to ensure they meet society's expectations, the company ensures that their values are embedded into the organisation's culture and decision-making. By investing in these areas the Company will increase growth, reduce risk and improve their long-term financial performance. GSK is a globally renowned company that owns internationally recognized brands and products. They have a healthy pipeline of innovative products and are well positioned to continue their success into the future.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.