HR Business Partner, Ministry of Justice, Returners Programme
The Civil Service is here to serve the public, and help keep the UK prosperous and secure. We do an important role that touches millions of lives. Come back to your career through one of our flexible short-term contracts, and so could you.
Designed to be you-shaped
If life has taken you away from your career, the Civil Service Returners Programme is your route back into work. Our UK-wide placements range from 6 weeks to 6 months in length, with opportunities in every department – from Finance to Diplomacy, Environment and International Development. Whatever your focus in life, there’s a role for you at the Civil Service.
Perhaps you’ve taken a break from work for personal reasons, or maybe you’re moving away from a career in the military. Either way, the Returners Programme will help you experience the breadth and variety of roles we offer, and in a way that fits with your life. Our placements will give you a three-day week, the option to work from home, and flexible hours. Crucially, you’ll have the support and encouragement you need to make it all work for you. It’s about getting your confidence in great shape to apply for other roles at the Civil Service.
Are you eligible?
If you’ve taken time out of your career for at least 2 years, or you’re currently engaged in work that doesn’t make the best use of your skills and qualifications, you’re eligible to apply for the Civil Service Returners Programme.
About the role
This is a significant strategic HR leadership role requiring high levels of people and business management skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide an HR business partnership to Senior Stakeholders and senior teams in their allocated part of the business to improve and develop performance delivery through effective people management and engagement.
- Work with business senior teams and HR Change Leads to manage people aspects of business change programmes and initiatives.
- Provide high level analysis and input on HR issues to the business, including options development, solution design to meet business need, risk identification, assessment, mitigation and management.
- Be required to have a clear understanding of the part of the business they are partnering, it’s priorities and be able to translate the required business outcomes into a strategic people plan that will add value to the performance of the business.
- Develop strong relationships with Governors, Heads of LDU, Head of Group and senior teams to ensure that the business needs are addressed and to promote understanding of the HR Operating Model.
For more information, and to apply, please click the apply button below.