HR Risk Manager, Open to flexibility
1 day left
- Contract Type
HR Risk Manager, Open to flexibility
We have a fantastic opportunity for an HR Risk Manager to join our team based in Brentford! Reporting to the Director, HR Risk Management you will be responsible for ensuring global HR risks are identified and appropriately mitigated by management on a timely and effective basis. You will also ensure global HR achieves and maintains compliance with relevant internal policies and external legislative requirements.
With your prior operational risk and controls experience, you will have the autonomy to lead your own projects while working with senior stakeholders and gaining exposure to the broader HR Operations team.
- GSK & HR Risk Management Frameworks: Stay current on new and existing risk management requirements including GSK's Internal Control Framework, the GSK Enterprise Risks and the HR Risk Management Framework. Stay abreast of current and future relevant GSK policies, regulations and legislative changes to advise colleagues on an appropriate HR response. Working with Head, HR Risk Management identify issues and make recommendations to senior HR management regarding acceptable levels of risk and internal controls.
- QA Toolkit: Support the effective deployment of the Quality Assurance Toolkit (HR's methodology for risk management, Management Monitoring and Independent Business Monitoring) with specific responsibility for deployment in the Europe and MEA/CIS regions.
- Digital risk: Provide advice and counsel on digital risks and coordinate all digital risk management activities undertaken by HR Risk Management e.g. relating to the QA Toolkit, Independent Business Monitoring, project team advice etc.
- Independent Business Monitoring: Perform periodic Independent Business Monitoring testing for allocated Top HR Risks.
- RMCB: Support the effective running of the European and MEA/CIS Regional RMCB meetings and contribute to the Global HR RMCB meetings by preparation of pre-read papers as required.
- Projects: Participate in ad hoc HR project work, providing a risk lens and sounding-board to the project team. Specific focus on projects involving digital risk and those located in Europe and MEA/CIS regions.
- Workforce Data Privacy: Support the HR Data Privacy CoE by providing ad hoc advice on effective risk management solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with all data privacy requirements.
- HR Risk Assessment: Support the annual HR Risk Assessment process as needed.
- Audit: Coordinate and monitor HR audit activity on behalf of the Head, HR Risk Management. Provide advice and counsel to HR process owners involved in audits and ongoing liaison with Audit & Assurance.
- Enterprise Risks: Support HR's compliance with allocated Enterprise Risk Plans, including input into the CET Certification and Adopt/Adapt GEC Enterprise Risk Management initiatives.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 21st October 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of risk management and internal control principles and proven analytical skills.
- Experience of effective IT and digital risk management
- Knowledge of HR systems and processes preferred
- Demonstrated process improvement expertise
- Demonstrated business acumen, i.e. appropriately weighing commercial/financial/compliance ramifications in formulating recommendations and decisions; evidence of commercial insight/sound judgment
- Ability to lead and influence others with no direct reporting relationship
- Ability to negotiate with, and influence, senior management
- Ability to work effectively across countries and cultures
- Willingness to travel globally up to 10% annually
- Effective oral/written communications and presentations skills are essential
- Effective team worker
- Highly organised; ability to effectively manage large volumes of information
- Accountancy qualification
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.