UK Benefits Manager - Pensions Operations, Open to flexibility
UK Benefits Manager - Pensions Operations, Open to flexibility
Here at GSK Trust is a key principle both internally and externally trust comes in to everything we do. This new role for a UK Benefits Manager is no different. GSK's UK Pension plan membership is over 83,000 and DC and CIF assets combined are in the order of £12 billion invested in various asset classes and with several investment managers! The Pensions Administration contracts under management are C£2.5 million per annum in value and is something that needs constant manager.
Within this key role you will have various responsibilities:
- Responsible for the service delivery of the outsourced UK Pension Plans.
- Responsible for the service delivery of the outsourced IFAs and Retired Staff Association (RSA) vendors.
- Drive performance of the outsourced vendors against agreed Key Performance Indicators and Service Performance Management Levels.
- Actively manage, monitor, review and continuously improve service delivery and processes with the outsourced vendors.
- Partner with your benefits peers and the Reward COE to contribute to and influence strategic decision making as appropriate.
- Lead the proactive implementation of operational solutions to support strategic or legislative change.
- Attend meetings of the Trustees of the GSK Pension Plans as required, drafting and presenting papers on operational issues as appropriate.
- Responsible for resolution of issues and queries from RSA branch managers/business in a timely manner. Responding to and delegating the response to ad hoc queries as required.
- Manage / support as appropriate, contact with the GSK HR community and employee consultative bodies on pensions delivery, policy and change management.
- Be a key company contact with external providers and ensure that there is appropriate communication between the actuaries, legal advisers and consultants. Set and manage budgets with external providers as appropriate.
- Manage risk and ensure compliance of benefit plans under your remit within UK government regulations. Proactively mitigating operational risk on an ongoing basis.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement initiatives and regular and ad hoc projects.
- Ensure accuracy of paper, online and face to communications and processes.
- Manage benefit spend to budget.
- Conduct problem solving exercises and after action reviews where service delivery issues occur to ensure that the root cause of the issue is identified and appropriate mitigations are put in place going forward.
- Ability to write formal papers and/or recommendations containing a full outline of an issue, possible methods of resolution and suitable recommendations.
- Ensuring compliance with SPII data privacy requirements and compliance against audit findings.
- Responsible for managing root cause and risk treatment plans relating to Pension risks.
- Internal Resource Management: Support the relationships with Reward CoE, Trustees, internal functions and external advisers to effectively collaborate and manage the plans.
- Communication: ensure that all pension information on the GSK Intranet and external administrators' WEB sites accurately reflects GSK pension plans and processes
- Technical Support: Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the UK plans. Provide technical pensions support to senior GSK employees and to the GSK HR community. Ensure UK Benefits employees have appropriate technical knowledge to support business needs
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 19th October 2018
- Strong working knowledge of UK Pensions & Employee Savings plans, regulations and HMRC requirements and ability to apply these in the context of role with broader HR policies and objectives.
- Experience of managing large pension plan memberships.
- Strong written and oral communications, with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely. Includes experience of delivering presentations / Q&A sessions.
- Proven and demonstrable stakeholder management.
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate in order to set direction and drive delivery of results.
- Strong vendor management skills with the ability to understand contracts, setting of service level agreements and challenging non compliance.
- Demonstrated experience of managing projects including preparing project plans, timelines and STPs.
- Ability to interpret data to demonstrate return on investment
- Ability to analyse complex benefit information and draw recommendations/make decisions.
- Ability to coach, motivate and facilitate
- Strong leadership/people management skills
- GSK business perspective.
- Flexibility to manage multiple benefit plans and ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.