Finance and Office Manager - part time, 3-4 days per week
Unifrog is on a mission to transform Careers Guidance in the UK and abroad. We believe that destinations - where students end up after school - is even more important than their academic performance. Our platform is a one-stop-shop for students to explore their interests, then find and apply for their best next step after school. We allow students to compare tens of thousands of opportunities, everything from degree apprenticeships to university in Canada. We also support teachers to manage the progression process effectively.
In just five years we have become the market leader, working with over 1,200 secondary schools and lauded by students, teachers, politicians and business leaders. We have a committed and dynamic team of 28, a growing set of products, a very strong reputation in our market, and a rapidly increasing customer base. We now need an excellent Office Manager to maximise the effectiveness of our company.
The role and who we are looking for
At this pivotal point in the growth of the company we are looking for a capable individual to join us as Finance & Office Manager with responsibility for payroll and finance. Organisation, communication and people skills are particularly important. The right candidate will also be able to demonstrate that they can take initiative and be adaptable – this role is likely to develop as the company grows.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about our company and its mission of ensuring students find the best next step for them after school. If this excites you and you are an energetic person who is willing to learn, then we would love to hear from you.
With a wide range of responsibilities and part of a team that moves quickly, this will be a busy and varied role. Your overall focus is to help us become more efficient and structured as we grow.
- Preparing monthly payroll including pension and commission
- Processing and paying invoices using Xero
- Monitoring and processing receivables
- Preparing the monthly cashflow and other reports
- First point of contact for our team on office management matters
- Coordinating conferences and associated arrangements
- Booking hotels and travel for the team both in the UK and internationally
- Arranging recruitment, interviews and induction of new staff
- Managing holiday and sickness absence
- Supporting with performance reviews
Key skills and traits
- Extremely well organized
- Adaptable and able to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Readiness and ability to learn
- Proficient with Excel
- Comfortable working independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Excited by our mission
- Finance experience desirable
- Based at our office in Hoxton, London, N1.
- Salary is negotiable and based on experience. Expected range of £26,000 - £34,000, pro-rated dependent on hours worked.
- 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays pro-rated dependent on hours worked.
- Part-time role, 3-4 days per week. We are open to discussing flexible working and have no preference of hours or days worked.
- We encourage applications from parents returning to work.
- If you would like to discuss the role in more detail in advance of applying then please call Hayley on 020 3372 5991.
How to apply
- Please send a CV and covering letter via the application method below by 24th October.
- Your covering letter should indicate why you want to work for Unifrog and highlight the skills that make you a great candidate for this role.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be read.
- Phone interviews will be held throughout the application window. Final interviews will be held within 2 weeks of the closing date.