Communications & Engagement Executive, full time - open to flexibility
Communications and Engagement Executive
Hello there, yes – you! Looking for a fantastic new role? How about you join EY as part of our UK Financial Services Communications and Engagement team? We’re looking for a new Executive to come on board and help us to deliver cool and creative internal communications for our senior partners in Scotland and across the UK.
This role, based in Edinburgh, is a brilliant opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career further in Brand, Marketing and Communications. We’re an inclusive team and will look to involve you in a variety of strategic, tactical and creative work on behalf of our internal clients. Your thoughts and insights are hugely important so you must be willing to share them.
Your key responsibilities No one day will be the same in this role as you will get involved in a wide range of projects. The main responsibilities are to:
- Support the UKFS Communications and Engagement managers with the delivery of content for our Service Line leaders. This will involve creating senior leader presentations, writing on their behalf and producing other communications. So you must be passionate about writing excellent copy and have a creative eye.
- Support the UKFS Communications and Engagement managers in developing communications strategies and plans.
- Support our Head of UKFS National Markets, Sue Dawe, on internal communications and engagement to offices outside London. This will include support for large scale internal events, town halls and webcasts.
Skills and attributes for success
- Creative mind – creativity comes in various forms and we’d like you to bring your personal flair to the role.
- Excellent ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with senior partners and people at all levels.
- Excellent ability to produce a wide-range of communications materials.
- Team player – we all need to roll our sleeves up and get stuck in to help each other out. You should also be able to work autonomously on tasks.
- Organisation, prioritisation and time management – you’ll be supporting multiple projects with various deadlines so need to be well organised and be able to prioritise tasks well.
- Self-development – a desire to continuously learn and try new things.
To qualify for the role you must have
- First class communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- The ability to think about the big picture.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, working knowledge of graphic design software desirable. And also SharePoint skills desirable.
- One or two years’ recent experience in communications.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A qualification in Brand, Communications or Marketing.
- Knowledge of EY and professional services.
What we look for
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about helping to deliver internal communications that will connect people across UKFS to our story. In turn, that will help us grow and be a great place for people to work.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. This role will be expected to travel to London and other locations on a regular basis.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible via the apply button below