Head of People, part time, 24 hours per week
We are looking to bring on board a standalone Head of People to take ownership of the HR function from day to day operational management, to high level systems and process implementation.
This is fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to lead on all HR initiatives and add value. You will report directly into our COO but will also provide feedback to our Board. You will need to be CIPD qualified, have experience of handling sensitive HR issues and up-to-date employment law knowledge.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Being the key point of contact for the team with general HR queries which might include payroll, processes, personal matters, benefits, learning & development, and recruitment.
- Managing day to day HR tasks including sickness absence and leave management.
- Developing and managing local HR administration processes and systems including, for example, onboarding, team opinion polls, employee lifecycle and recruitment.
- Advising on the recruitment process, including advertising, interviews, contracts, induction and probation.
- Leading new team member onboarding, being a point of contact for new staff and developing support systems for new starters.
- Developing and managing company-wide HR programmes, such as performance management, 360 reviews and compensation planning.
- Coordinating, planning and leading the monthly HR Board Subgroup and feeding into the Board as required.
- Providing support and guidance to the team in relation to disciplinary and grievance processes (in addition to other more advanced HR processes).
- Reviewing existing company policies and planning and implementing new policies to support the team and provide vital structure and process.
- Overseeing the implementation of Hanbury’s company values and working with the wider team to ensure recognition of the key principles integral to the company.
The office is based in the Spitalfields, close to Liverpool Street and Aldgate East.
- CIPD qualified
- Up to date knowledge of employment law
- Proven substantial experience in delivering a broad, standalone HR service
- Great at relationship building and problem solving
- Trustworthy and discreet
- You naturally seek ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, and build others up.
Further details and benefits
- This is an office based position at 24 hours per week.
- 28 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and discretionary additional days off between the Christmas and New Year period.
- Pension scheme in which Hanbury contributes a proportion of your monthly gross salary.
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme.
- Membership of Second Home, the coworking office space in which Hanbury is currently based, which offers a range of additional complimentary benefits including cultural and wellness programmes: https://secondhome.io/spitalfields.
About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury was formed in September 2016 to provide political insight and strategic communications advice. We help businesses navigate our current time of global change, and we manage all aspects of communications to help others tell their story and help shape public opinion.
Our team is what makes us unique. With a proven track record of delivering victories against the odds, our team have been on the winning side in the UK General Election of 2015, the EU Referendum of 2016 and the French Presidential Election of 2017. We now use this experience to advise and guide others through their most complex and challenging problems.
Our values: Strive for excellence | Distinctive work, delivered through original means | Open and honest collaboration | A team of entrepreneurs | Look out for each other | Do good
Please send both CV and cover letter via the application method below, quoting reference Hanbury-HR-2018.
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please assume that your application has not been taken further on this occasion.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation.