Tax - Reward, Experienced Secretary 12 Month FTC, Open to flexibility
Tax - Reward, Experienced Secretary 12 Month FTC, Open to flexibility
We are looking to recruit an Experienced Secretary to join our successful Reward Team in our London office to cover a period of maternity leave on a contract basis.
This role will primarily involve providing EA assistance to a busy team of Directors and Associate Directors and administration support to the Clients and Markets team. The Reward team provides incentives and compensation tax advice to a wide variety of corporate clients which makes this a varied and interesting role.
The role requires general admin support including but not limited to:
- Managing diaries, prioritising and juggling meetings where appropriate
- General diary management including flagging up appointment clashes in good time, taking necessary action to ensure there is enough time between appointments to get from A to B and any preparation time required between meetings
- Proactive organisation of organising meetings including booking meeting rooms and catering via bespoke online room booking system
- To organise all aspects of national and international travel, including necessary visas, currency and extensive itineraries often at short notice.
- Updating and maintaining client contact database and mailing lists and working with the business to approve the sending of marketing information to their clients/contacts
- Updating and maintaining admin files on team drives to ensure accurate record keeping of RFPs, Newsletters, etc.
- Dealing with correspondence (e-mail, phone and mail), prioritising and responding as appropriate, bringing information to the attention of the team as required
- Formatting of documents (PowerPoint, Word)
- Inputting timesheets and processing expense claims
- Dealing with billing queries
- General administrative duties including use of document management system for e-filing documents and emails, scanning, photocopying, archiving hard copy documents
- Take pro-active ownership of basic enquiries; resolving, responding or referring where necessary
- Answer telephone calls in a professional manner, deal with queries appropriately by delegating to appropriate staff and ensure detailed, concise information is passed to the relevant stakeholder
- Working collaboratively with other secretaries and providing cover to the Reward secretarial team as required
In relation to the Clients and Markets team (C&M) the role requires general admin support including but not limited to:
- Help plan, organise and administer events and conferences, liaising with BT/Marketo team/Central Booking Desk, send out diary holds to relevant engagement teams, add events to the Reward Events Calendar, provide engagement teams with regular updates on client registrations, help with pre-event admin such as arranging name badges, catering, stationery and other equipment, attend events on the day to help set up and manage the registration desk (seeking out additional EA support on the day if needed)
- Producing newsletters, pro-actively managing the process from start to finish and regularly updating the team on progress
- The production of marketing collateral in collaboration with our Creative Studio and Document Centre
- Processing Business Relationship Monitoring Requests (BRMS), ensuring these are done in a timely manner and in line with business expectations
- Processing website upload requests from the Reward practice
- Knowledge of best practice in relation to GDPR
- Maintain accurate events calendar, liaising with C&M colleagues to ensure it is up to date
- Produce LinkedIn updates for the Reward practice to share off the back of newsflashes and events
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Contract full-time. Working from home requests will be considered in line with the Deloitte Agile Working policy. Please make any agile working requirements known to HR during the initial HR screening telephone call.
Your professional experience
This role is a varied mix of EA tasks and assisting the Clients and Markets team with administration support. The successful applicant will have at least 5 years proven experience of managing a large team in a fast paced environment, preferably in a professional services background.
The essential skills to qualify for the role are:
- Excellent written & spoken English
- Proficient in use of IT systems generally and confident in adapting to new and complex IT systems as new and innovative ways of working arise regularly at Deloitte
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Power Point
- Fast and accurate touch typing
- Proficient in use of Outlook e-mail, calendar and internet
- Up to A-Level education or equivalent, to include GCSE Maths and English at grades A-C
- Relevant experience in a similar role preferably within a professional environment
- Excellent organisational skills and able to use own initiative
- A self-starter that enjoys taking on responsibilities of ownership of tasks
- A positive attitude with the willingness to provide the highest level of internal and external client service
- Ability to constantly exercise confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role
- Ability to establish rapport with team
- A willingness to own/solve problems as they arise, but also have the ability to identify issues for referral
- Ability to work as part of a team providing cover for and assistance to the other Reward secretaries when required
- Ability to prioritise workload and multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally; written and spoken
- Confident, professional manner
- Smart professional appearance
- Adaptable and keen to take a flexible approach to work
Your service line
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 156677