Paralegal, full time - open to flexible working
The UK Legal team is well established and highly regarded within the organisation. It is led by a partner who is General Counsel (who is also Managing Partner, Risk Management) and by two Deputy General Counsels and includes a team of seventeen other lawyers and two paralegals. The Legal team is at the forefront of helping the firm to meet its strategic goals.
The work within the Legal team is highly varied and covers all legal issues arising from the running of a professional services business, including litigation, regulatory, intellectual property, general commercial, tortious and contractual matters. Much of the legal work is at the cutting edge of business practice as the firm constantly finds innovative ways to help our clients’ businesses.
Your Key Responsibilities:
The paralegal will be an integral part of the UK Legal Team. The role will involve providing day to day assistance to the lawyers in order to help the UK Legal team to operate with maximum efficiency.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with contentious matters e.g. creating bundles of documents, retrieving files, coordinating with EY business colleagues to locate documents, first level review of documents, filing documents at court and attending hearings.
- Helping to administer the issue of document preservation notices and privilege reminders - answering queries and tracking whether people have received/answered them.
- Assisting the lawyers when they are advising on, drafting and negotiating client matters including contracts, master service agreements and tenders.
- Assisting the lawyers with the initial review/drafting of tenders, lower value procurement contracts, NDAs etc.
- Research and initial review of queries on standard terms and conditions (using approved internal guidance) supervised by relevant lawyer as necessary and up to agreed levels of risk and complexity.
- Management of internal know-how database and internal library.
- Helping to track/co-ordinate updates on significant legal developments/cases and draft updates.
- Legal research for the lawyers on a variety of queries and matters.
- Organising training and assisting with the production of slides/hand-outs where the team is delivering training or consistency sessions, or is receiving training.
- General administrative assistance such as: managing bills/invoicing; filing (including file opening and archiving); arranging bulk copying; organising couriers; booking meeting rooms; proof reading and similar requests.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Law degree or non-law degree followed by GDL plus, ideally, LPC (or BPTC)
- Previous experience as a paralegal preferred but not essential
- Strong personal communication skills, including oral/written communication, capable of dealing with wide range of people.
- Strong team player who is both committed and flexible.
- Strong organisation, planning and project management skills.
To Qualify for the Role you must have:
- Good IT skills including Microsoft office and Excel.
- The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to deal with problems in a practical and common sense way.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
- The ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
What we look for:
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of financial management. You will work closely with many stakeholders across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships will be key.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application.