Executive Researcher, Open to flexibility
Executive Researcher, Open to flexibility
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: do more, feel better and live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a unique in-house executive search team fully dedicated to senior hires and succession planning.
You will form a close partnership with the Executive search lead ( ESL) to ensure delivery of key talent to the business.
The executive researcher will be ambitious, inquisitive, creative and will be accountable for identifying and engaging suitable senior external physicians/R&D senior talent who will play a key role in developing medicines that will impact the lives of thousands of patients.
You will also develop comparative industry knowledge and provide critical competitive intelligence to ESLs and other key stakeholders across the business.
- Talent intelligence: Utilising your pre-search due diligence you will establish expectations of ESL and senior business leaders and inform the hiring process, utilising competitor market intelligence and insights gained to provide guidance on likely talent and availability in the market place, including any key compensation insights, as well as attractiveness of employee value proposition (EVP);
- Research strategy and execution: talent and competitor mapping and pipelining, through a variety of different methods (including internet sourcing, direct approaches and calls and sourcing from networks), with a focus on tracking top senior diverse talent potentially with niche skill-sets;
- Insights gathering from network and leveraging these to further increase the focus of the search;
- In partnership with the ESL, production of appropriately targeted briefs and research documents and client-ready progress reports, which reflect and leverage GSK's employer branding and EVP;
- Data Quality: You will have a passion and focus on ensuring that all information gathered is captured in all relevant recruitment systems in a timely and accurate fashion, ensuring utmost compliance with GDPR and global privacy requirements;
In addition, the Executive Researcher will be/have:
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Consistently focused on providing the best candidate care
- Be professional, organised, and focused, with a good sense of humour
- A rigorous, methodical approach and excellent attention to detail
- High levels of tenacity and creativity and the ability to cope with unforeseen changes
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work effectively in teams, to share responsibility for results, provide and accept feedback, and a willingness to learn from others
- Respectful, thoughtful, and non-hierarchical
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver to a high-quality standard
*Note that this will be on a full time, fixed term 12-month contract with possibility of extension.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391.
This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Experience in either a search firm as a researcher or internal direct-sourcing recruitment function, along with specific experience in sourcing senior physicians and senior R&D talent is a key requirement for this role;
- Excellent research experience, designing thorough sourcing strategies utilising advanced techniques and tools along with all appropriate social media and digital technologies, both for search and advertising;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage comfortably with both internal senior business leaders and external senior key talent
- Degree qualified;
- As above
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: do more, feel better and live longer.
We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.