Finance Partner, Open to flexibility
5 days left
- Contract Type
Finance Partner, Open to flexibility
About The Role
At GSK our Finance Partners support aligned to the business, providing decision support, financial management, and governance. Actively contribute to delivery of overall financial and business performance through providing insight and challenge to drive appropriate action.
In this role your responsibilities with include but limited to:
- Support the Senior Finance Partner, Site Leadership Team, Specialised Management Accounting Service (SMAS) and business on all financial matters
- Support month-end closing activities, including internal and Above Site financial reporting
- Support the preparation and submission of the 3/1 Plans, Latest Estimates, including Working Capital and Capital Budgets.
- Product costing annually and ad-hoc, supported by SMAS where appropriate.
- Provide expert advice to customer groups by proactively identifying opportunities and raising challenges to meet business objectives and mitigate risks
- Provide financial analysis using internal and external information and benchmarking as appropriate. Consider wider supply chain where relevant.
Financial management and governance:
- Financial management activities for business unit in support of delivering business strategies.
- Maintain strong financial governance including Sarbanes Oxley and Anti Bribery And Corruption requirements.
- Accountable for risk identification and management for strong financial governance
- Review management accounts (actual, forecasts, budgets) to assist Lead Finance partner in signing off on income statement and balance sheet.
Influence and relationship building:
- Develop networks with key stakeholder groups; understand the broader business context and strategy to be able to contribute to opportunity development and decision analysis.
- Educate customer groups on financial aspects of business decisions and resource allocations; provide tools they can use to be self-sufficient in routine, regular decision making.
- Seek out best practice and share best practices observed both within Finance and elsewhere.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 22nd October 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
- Part Qualified/Qualified accountant with one of the globally recognised accounting bodies.
- Finance Partner experience
- Technical finance knowledge & expertise ideally in a Manufacturing environment (including SAP and preferably Cognos)
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and across a matrixed environment, ideally in a Finance Partner role.
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple activities
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Further academic qualification, for example MBA, CIPS, MCIPS
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.