Customs & Duty Senior Manager, full time or part time hours can be considered
Customs and excise rules are complex, globally varied and always changing.
And it can be difficult complying with the many different international trade regulations, especially when in-house expertise is in short supply.
If your business is looking for growth overseas by importing and exporting, it will face customs duty. The amount you pay depends on the exact nature and value of the goods being imported, the country of origin, and any available relief. However, you'll need to know you've paid the right duty in the right location, and to stay competitive, consider how your selling prices reflect these costs. At Grant Thornton, we're here to help.
Who we're looking for:
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- you'll have gained experience working with complex Customs & Duty cases
- you’ll have proven capability building your own client base
- you’ll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation
- you’ll have achieved your ACA/CTA qualification
This role can be full time or part time
Please click apply for further details and to make your application