Finance Officer – Purchase Ledger - Flexible/Home Working
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Finance Officer – Purchase Ledger
Salary Up to £28,000 (Inclusive of London Weighting Allowance)
We are looking for an organised and proactive Finance Officer to join our friendly and dynamic organisation and support on all aspects of purchase ledger. This role supports our UK as well as international offices. You will be responsible for processing invoices, credit cards and expenses and preparing payments. You will also conduct bank and creditor reconciliations. There is a high volume of processing involved in this role and the systems used vary between the offices so the ability to learn and switch quickly between the tasks is essential.
You will work alongside our Finance Officer – Sales Ledger and will report to the Global Financial Controller. This is a fixed term role for 6 months with the possibility of extension. We are open to flexible working applications including opportunities to work from home.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has some experience on purchase ledger (invoicing, expense claims, payment runs) and cashbook
- Is a minimum AAT level 3 qualified or qualified by experience
- Has experience using MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Is familiar with some accounting software (we use Financial Force, so this would be an advantage but is not essential)
- Has ability to check and enter numbers accurately and quickly, including ability to self-check own work and reconcile batch totals
- Is well organised with great attention to detail
- Is able to prioritise their workload and deal effectively with changing and sometimes competing priorities, while maintaining accuracy and focus to deliver to deadlines
- Has strong communication skills, including communicating with staff in UK and international offices and suppliers over the phone, in person and email in a clear and professional way
- Enjoys working in a small, fast paced and international not-for-profit organisation
About the team
As International Resources team, we work as a close knit, dynamic, flexible and supportive team. We are looking for a member of the team who is keen to roll up their sleeves and make use of their diverse skills to support our teams in their delivery of impactful solutions to global system challenges.
About Forum for the Future
Forum for the Future is a leading global sustainability non-profit. For over 20 years we’ve been working in partnership with business, governments and civil society to accelerate the shift toward a sustainable future. We specialise in addressing critical global challenges by catalysing change in key systems.
Together we can reinvent the way the world works.
To find out more details about this vacancy please read the job description. and apply on our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: 23:59 on 21 October 2018
The interviews will be held in the week commencing 29 October 2018.
Please note we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within the three weeks of the closing date, please assume we are not taking your application further.