Part-time Business Development Executive, 1 day/wk
Part-time Business Development Executive, 1 day/wk (with scope to increase if funding permits)
Reporting to Senior Projects Manager
Based in Church Street, Westminster
Tree Shepherd has been commissioned by Westminster Council to provide business support to local start-ups, micro and small businesses affected by redevelopment in the locality.
Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive will initially be based in Westminster and will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery and management of these programmes. The role will require active engagement with multiple stakeholders including specific business communities. It demands regular communication with the clients, advocacy of their needs and the design of services that will provide the most appropriate support for them. The BDE will also work with the Tree Shepherd team to find and develop additional funding streams for Tree Shepherd in Westminster and other London boroughs.
The Business Development Executive will:
- Be an out-going, driven person with direct experience of micro and small enterprise and of writing funding applications and business proposals
- Work closely with existing and potential partners in Westminster and elsewhere to ensure the successful delivery of the current contracts and to attract additional commissions
- Manage the relationships with local micro and small businesses regularly visiting them in their premises and organising for business support with our advisors
- Organise workshops to bring traders together, provide motivation, listen to their concerns and provide support
- Help to promote each scheme, through networking, publications and social media, including making presentations and attending events
- As event organiser, help co-ordinate venue related activities – e.g. space, health and safety, access, catering, facilities, which includes attending some events to support with registration/logistics
- Events will include occasional weekend and evening activities at which attendance will be required
- Create reports against agreed project milestones and outputs, and contribute statistics and case studies for our Tree Shepherd social impact reporting
- The ideal person will know the church street and market area very well
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of clients, beneficiaries and stakeholders, including individuals with additional support needs
- Experience of providing a wide range of support directly to small business owners
- Demonstrable business experience with some knowledge of commercial property law and practice
- Successful track record of new business development, with direct involvement in gaining new contracts in either public or private sector
- Confident user of Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based programmes
- Some knowledge and experience of using customer relationship management (CRM) systems in particular Salesforce
- Flexible in style and open to occasionally working different hours and in different locations to meet business needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in micro-enterprise and the social enterprise and/or employment support sector.
This is currently a part-time role (7.5 hours per week) but has the potential to expand as business develops. Work duties and events may often include working outside 9am-5pm hours. Flexibility is required as and when the demand arises.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st October. Please do not wait until the deadline to apply.
Apply for Part-time Business Development Executive, 1 day/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly