Engineering Policy Manager, 1-3 days per week (FT considered)
Engineering Policy Manager (Electrical and Instrumentation)
We currently have an opportunity for a Policy Manager working within the Engineering Policy Team, reporting directly to the Head of Engineering Policy.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What does an Engineering Policy Manager do?
As an Engineering Policy Manager you will ensure that our procedures cover everything from asset specification to decommissioning in the area of Electrical and Instrumentation. You will also be deciding how we communicate changes to our procedures, and how we implement external policy changes such as the changes to Wiring Regulations. Tasks include:
- Use engineering judgement to assess technical options
- Create and update specifications, procedures and work instructions
- Understand the impact of policy change on different roles and departments
- Put together effective communication and implementation plans for policy changes
- Ensuring human factors, functional safety and cyber security impacts are considered
- Look to the future – making sure our policies support SGNs strategic goals
Do you have what we are looking for?
- You will need good written and verbal communication skills
- You will need to be able to interpret technical requirements and communicate them so they can be implemented by the user.
- You will be an incorporated or chartered Engineer, or willing to work towards this.
- Able to carry out impact and risk assessments.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
- We would prefer to appoint this as a part time role between 1 and 3 days per week, however full time applications will be considered.
- Minimum one day per month in Glasgow Depot. There will be requirements to travel to other locations when needed.
For further information and to make you application, please click the apply button below.