Confidentiality and Data Risk, Assistant Manager/Manager, QRS, 12 Month FTC, Open to flexibility
Confidentiality and Data Risk, Assistant Manager/Manager, QRS, 12 Month FTC, Open to flexibility
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results driven individual to join Deloitte Business Security (DBS).
DBS is the firm’s internal corporate security organisation, providing support to Deloitte and its clients to enable secure business and manage data risk. We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Confidentiality and Data Risk team based in London.
The Confidentiality and Data Risk team provides Information Security support to the business by enabling the identification and management of confidentiality, public sector security and data risks. Our team enables the business to understand and meet client and regulatory information security obligations, reducing potential risk to the firm.
We proactively engage with, understand and partner with the business, QRS and ICS, to ensure our projects and our leaders’ business decisions are appropriately informed and advised on options for meeting client and regulatory obligations, managing data risk to our clients, our firm and our strategy.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting internal clients to understand and correctly apply the firm’s security policies and procedures, and for helping to develop and maintain security risk management plans for Public Sector engagements
- Providing specialist resource, advice and capability around the handling, management and protection of government classified and personal data in accordance with HMG’s Security Policy Framework
- Providing security and risk management advice for Deloitte practitioners working on Public Sector and List X client-sites
- Assisting with compliance to the firm’s List X facilities to ensure compliance, maintain accreditations, and improve our capability to work with classified material, communicate with clients and win bids.
- Providing support to Public Sector related vetting and clearance issues
- Being a key point of contact for security, confidentiality and data risk related matters and assist the business with resolving issues and risks
- Advising client facing and internal teams on the appropriate mitigation of risks across all areas of confidentiality, security and data risk
- Enabling the business by leading the identification and management of data risk in assigned business areas to provide a seamless service to the business; this includes working collaboratively on internal projects and client-facing security issues
- Supporting team delivery in the:
- Preparation and coordination of security and risk briefings to Deloitte practitioners
- Facilitation of business, client and supplier security audits
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: 12 Month FTC
Your professional experience
- Applicants must be a UK National and hold or be eligible/willing to undergo UKSV clearance to undertake this role
- Experience of working with HMG Security Policy Framework and Government Security Classifications
- Capability of managing work in List X or government secure environments
- Ability to work under own initiative and effectively prioritise workloads under pressure, where appropriate escalating issues in a timely manner
- Track record of success in problem solving and team working
- Proficient written and verbal briefing and communication skills, as well as close attention to detail
- A desire for continued learning are essential, with a willingness to develop skills in security, confidentiality and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships and manage stakeholders
Desirable professional experience:
- Experienced information security and risk professional skilled in reviewing and negotiating security provisions in contracts
- Understanding of project management processes, and the ability to manage key deliverables
- Formal security qualification (CISM or equivalent)
Your service line
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and border
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 157582
More searches like this
- Finance £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Central)
- Accountancy £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Central)
- Finance Department £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Central)
- Legal £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Central)
- Banking £50,000 - £60,000 part time jobs in London (Central)