Complaints Officer (Investigations), 28-35 hours per week
What we offer:
- A chance to use your excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- An opportunity to showcase your exemplary communication skills both written and on the telephone.
- Involvement in our change initiatives and the chance to train others and share best practice widely across the organisation.
- The satisfaction of working in a friendly unit, committed to providing those who use our services with excellent customer service and understanding of the difficult situations they may be facing.
As a Complaints Officer working with our Investigation and Supervision team, you will investigate, respond to, and resolve complaints about our service and deal with correspondence on closed files.
The role holder will enjoy analysing complex investigation files and have a real commitment to fair and excellent customer service and continuous improvement.
You will need to have resilience and skills in dealing with people who may be emotional and distressed as well as an awareness of the impact of our complaint responses and understanding of potential reputational risks.
The ability to provide high quality, clear, empathetic and customer focused responses, is at the heart of this role.
What we are looking for:
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills with a track record of communicating messages in a clear, straightforward and empathetic way.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to make sound, common sense judgments, in a similar complaint handling role.
- Practical experience of carrying out investigation or complex analytical complaint work in a legal or regulatory environment or similar.
- A good understanding of, or proven ability to get up to speed quickly, our rules and regulatory framework and the wider legal services market.
- A track record of providing constructive feedback to colleagues.
We currently have one vacancy within the team and we maybe able to consider the option of working on a part time basis. The minimum hours we can offer would be 28 hours per week.
If you would like to discuss the role or the scope to work on a part-time basis, we can arrange for this to happen - contact us to arrange a chat, in confidence via the application method below.
There will be an initial telephone interview for this role. Should you be successful at this stage you will be invited to attend a face to face, competency-based interview and technical assessment the same or following week.
Please make sure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
Previous applicants to this role in the last six months need not apply.